Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alterique Gilbert 6'0 PG UConn Grad-Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You wanna be the person who has to explain that to JB?
    Why would I? Both are no longer Shockers and I while I don’t wish injury on either, I no longer care to follow them either. I just think too many givevJB a pass. The final opinion of mine on the matter is that while I said that GS has a higher pg ceiling, JB was the better all around player. Now, they have both decided to leave.

I watched the 2011 NIT Championship Finalss. That Shocker team was a Real Team who wanted to WIN. Ten players played more than 10 mpg and divided up the points. Totally Unselfish. I still like that entire team. I didn’t like very many Shocker players this year. TE is a great place to start with next year.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      In regards to Gilbert, I think . . .

If true, has pluses and about as good a PG as the Shocks could hope for in getting a grad transfer. Most likely a better choice than a JUCO PG to immediately take over those duties. Not having ANY PG is a big negative in attracting other quality players. IMO, he's good enough to help get some of the better players in the portal. Also, HCGM could now concentrate on a PG for the future.
      Last edited by ShockTalk; March 23, 2020, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If true, has pluses and about as good a PG as the Shocks could hope for in getting a grad transfer. Most likely a better choice than a JUCO PG to immediately take over those duties. IMO, he's good enough to help attract some of the better players in the portal. HCGM could now concentrate on a PG for the future.
        Yes in regards to Gilbert

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Why would I? Both are no longer Shockers and I while I don’t wish injury on either, I no longer care to follow them either. I just think too many givevJB a pass. The final opinion of mine on the matter is that while I said that GS has a higher pg ceiling, JB was the better all around player. Now, they have both decided to leave.

I watched the 2011 NIT Championship Finalss. That Shocker team was a Real Team who wanted to WIN. Ten players played more than 10 mpg and divided up the points. Totally Unselfish. I still like that entire team. I didn’t like very many Shocker players this year. TE is a great place to start with next year.
            Totally missed the obvious point. Somebody had to tell JB that the new guy they had signed was taking the position he had as a starter and that JB would now be the backup at the position where he had started as a Fr (and set a Fr record for assists) and also be the backup for the guy that looked like an NBA prospect in his Fr season.

I cannot imagine a more effective way to tell a player, "you're not really good enough to play here, other than as a role player, even if we have to play a Fr who has no ability at the position where you started last year".
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Well, seems he has some credibility according to the UConn fanboard.

I’m optimistic, but still reserved.
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Totally missed the obvious point. Somebody had to tell JB that the new guy they had signed was taking the position he had as a starter and that JB would now be the backup at the position where he had started as a Fr (and set a Fr record for assists) and also be the backup for the guy that looked like an NBA prospect in his Fr season.

I cannot imagine a more effective way to tell a player, "you're not really good enough to play here, other than as a role player, even if we have to play a Fr who has no ability at the position where you started last year".
                Well in 2011, Ellis and Williams who had been past starters, came off the bench. We played 10 players and Juniors and Seniors came off the bench. Some had been starters in the past. They were mature. This years team wasn’t. You can condone their selfishness if you wish. I won’t.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Which name? He appears to have both names wrong in his post. Ha!!
                  Pete Gillen?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If true, has pluses and about as good a PG as the Shocks could hope for in getting a grad transfer. Most likely a better choice than a JUCO PG to immediately take over those duties. Not having ANY PG is a big negative in attracting other quality players. IMO, he's good enough to help get some of the better players in the portal. Also, HCGM could now concentrate on a PG for the future.
                    Let's see...
                    PG trade - Sherfield to Nevada for AG to WSU?
                    Deal!!!
                    Trading potential, I say potentially good PG for an established 5 Star, 22 year old proven PG who also happens to play bad ass defense!
                    Yea, I make that trade all day, every day!

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

That guy seems to have some Cache with UCONN .. but odd he's spelling his name wrong? Unless that's how he spells it in his close circle. I dont know, but this seems like a home run to get him for a year. Former 5 star grad transfer that knows how to play defense?

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        All we need him to do is initiate the offense. He can be built like Eric Cartman as long as he passes the ball and creates for dex and Tyson.

we don’t need a world beater.

Comment

I’m not gonna hold my breath that “Oz” is right. However, if it is true, getting him and then the best possible JUCO PG transfer (ideally one of the guys with 3 years eligibility) and that is a really nice place to start.

Gilbert and JUCO tbd cover the point this year. Bring in a frosh PG next year who we can work in the mix the next two years and we’re good to go.

Disclaimer: ShockTalk this is only my ideal scenario. Not saying it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            I’m not gonna hold my breath that “Oz” is right. However, if it is true, getting him and then the best possible JUCO PG transfer (ideally one of the guys with 3 years eligibility) and that is a really nice place to start.

Gilbert and JUCO tbd cover the point this year. Bring in a frosh PG next year who we can work in the mix the next two years and we’re good to go.

Disclaimer: ShockTalk this is only my ideal scenario. Not saying it will happen.
                            Reading the bone yard, this Oz guy was really connected when Ollie was there. AG is an Ollie kid. Not many of the people on there seem to be thinking it's a random post. They are questioning why WSU, but not really questioning the source.

Comment

Alterique and Trey McGowens would be two damn fine PGs.

Add Jamahri as a Freshman and Shot would be set at PG for quite some time!
                              The Assman

Comment

Al won't come here unless he's guaranteed to start. Don't think T Mc would not come in that case

Comment

Working...
                                X