No announcement yet.

Chaunce Jenkins 6'4 SG 2020 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I really think this kid is an underrated get. He just has a do-it-all type of game - can shoot it off the bounce or catch and shoot, has the athleticism and handles to break down defenders off the bounce and get to the rim, and great length. He'll definitely have to do a lot of work in the weight room with Kerry, but his ceiling appears to be really high. Not sure what kind of a defender he is but he's got the tools to be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      The Assman

Comment

The Assman

Comment

Taylor Eldridge: ‘He was going to blow up’: WSU unearths an under-the-radar talent for latest commit

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Rivals national recruiting analyst Corey Evans firmly believes that Jenkins’ recruiting would have exploded when college coaches could have seen the elite athleticism and raw talent of the 6-foot-4, 200-pound guard from Newport News, Va.

Instead, Wichita State did its homework and unearthed Jenkins, a high school senior in the class of 2020 who committed to the Shockers on Sunday afternoon. WSU assistant coach Isaac Brown spearheaded the recruitment for WSU.

“Jenkins was honestly one of my favorite prospects still available this spring,” Evans told the Eagle. “If he would have played in the Nike circuit next month, it would have made it extra difficult for Wichita State. He was going to blow up.

"He’s a super talented, giant guard that can make shots, handle in a pinch, but most of all is an athlete. I think he can be a star at the next level. He needs more time to refine his game, but the talent and upside is evident.”

WSU is confident that it has uncovered an under-the-radar gem. Jenkins will give the Shockers another playmaker in among their guards, joining Gilbert, sophomore Tyson Etienne, junior Dexter Dennis and Michael.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 29, 2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

He’s skinny but looks like he has the length and athleticism to be an AAC guard.

Comment

That verbal commitment happened out of nowhere. This kid covers ground like a gazelle. He looks like a better ball handler than TE. Probably not the stroke of TE at this point, but this 6-4 athlete likes to drive and slash and finishes with dunks. Now, he probably won't get those dunks at our level, but his strategy is to get to the rim, which I like. With his quickness and athleticism, I hope it equates on the defensive end. At 6-4, 160 I'm sure he will add girth with Kerry, but some kids aren't meant to be 6-4, 210. Oh, and his pronunciation for his first name is Chaun-say.

Comment

The Assman

Comment

Chaunce joins Trey Wade on the "No Neck Crew"

i.e. they play taller than their actual height
                  The Assman

Comment

Comment

Seeing some of the national guys comment seems this is a solid pickup

Comment

We need another Cotton throw down player.

Comment

In this Tweet Taylor Eldridge calls Chaunce a combo guard.

BTW, base on what I heard in the background of his Hudl videos in the OP to this thread he pronounces his name 'Chauncey'.

Welcome to Shocker Nation Chaunce. You can get a lot of great things done as a Shocker team player.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                            That verbal commitment happened out of nowhere. This kid covers ground like a gazelle. He looks like a better ball handler than TE. Probably not the stroke of TE at this point, but this 6-4 athlete likes to drive and slash and finishes with dunks. Now, he probably won't get those dunks at our level, but his strategy is to get to the rim, which I like. With his quickness and athleticism, I hope it equates on the defensive end. At 6-4, 160 I'm sure he will add girth with Kerry, but some kids aren't meant to be 6-4, 210. Oh, and his pronunciation for his first name is Chaun-say.
                            I don't know if you looked at his Hudl videos linked to in the opening post to the thread but they showed more perimeter shooting and less dunking and his stroke does not look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Looks like he's a bit bigger that originally reported..

"Rivals national recruiting analyst Corey Evans firmly believes that Jenkins’ recruiting would have exploded when college coaches could have seen the elite athleticism and raw talent of the 6-foot-4, 200-pound guard from Newport News, Va."

Comment

Shoelace knows and invented the crossover dribble. Coach Marshall knows and brings in solid guards and they develop into better guards. Baker, FVV, Ragland, LS, Armstud, Hip=hip Toure, etc. etc.etc. I sure like the 2 he has verbal's from so far.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X