Recruiting Processes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting Processes

Question for those who may have some insight: How does our coaching staff go about recruiting in any kind of systematic fashion? Are they organized to a point they communicate frequently about every player being considered? Do they meet frequently? Do they just shoot off random texts to each other in a group chat format? Do they just offer everybody who has at least 2 stars? I'd really be interested to see how that looks, especially this year when truly this is a crazy unique situation with the number of players needed and the current virus dilemma.

I don’t really know but I read in the Taylor Eldridge article that the coaches are holed up at Coach Marshall’s house right now watching tape, making calls, and trying to rebuild the roster.

Comment

Coach Marshall and his assistants...

"Failure is not an option"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

New recruiting tool nearing completion...

Student Athletes Success Center (update)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Looking forward to the final product. They have a lot of work to do to get it done by August especially in the current virus environment.

The biggest beneficiary will be the WSU track and field teams. Coach Rainbolt has to salivating at moving his team out of the bowels of Cessna Stadium.

Comment

I guess I'll put this here. OK, we have 11. We know that we will try to add a 3rd big. Coach already said he doesn't want to crowd the roster, that he'd rather take a sit-out guy with the last one. That would mean we roll with only 2 point guards, and he has always indicated that he wants 3. What does everybody think?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Looking forward to the final product. They have a lot of work to do to get it done by August especially in the current virus environment.

The biggest beneficiary will be the WSU track and field teams. Coach Rainbolt has to salivating at moving his team out of the bowels of Cessna Stadium.
              The basketball program will also be a big beneficiary of this project as it will obtain all of the space in Kock Arena now occupied by the programs moving to the new building.

Comment

After what he went through last year with Sherfield, Burton and Fernandez I'm not sure he that anxious to have a 3rd point guard. I think he will go with the 2 he has plus have one of his wing players available to fill in at the point if necessary. I think he as a few possibilities for that.

One question I have is will they apply for an additional year of eligibility for Alterique Gilbert considering he only played 1 game as freshman when he originally injured his shoulder and received a medical redshirt. The next year he re-injured the shoulder after only playing in 6 games but used up a season of eligibility since he had already used a medical redshirt. If anyone has a good case for a clock extension I think it would be AG.

At this point finding that additional big man is the most important thing at this point. I like the 6-10 juco, Esahia Nyiwe, they have offered gut that doesn't mean they are going to get him. Right now the Shocks are in competition with Texas Tech for his services. Not sure what Tech's roster looks like for competition at his position.

It will be interesting to see what he does with that final scholarship. At this point with the transfer rules in limbo you don't know if you will get a sit-out player unless you recruit a kid who has already transferred. That kind of limits the field. I say hold onto it until those rules are settled.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

The basketball program will also be a big beneficiary of this project as it will obtain all of the space in Kock Arena now occupied by the programs moving to the new building.
                  True, but the upgrade for the Track Team is game changing. Maybe comparable to the Roundhouse Renaissance upgrades. The basketball team doesn't have mice running across their feet in the showers. The benefits for the basketball programs are there but are more marginal to already pretty good digs. Hopefully, their will be some benefits for the volleyball team as well in Koch Arena.

All of the Shocker athletes will benefit from improved academic study facilities.

Comment

I know this has been discussed somewhere on the board but this is probably as good as place as any to post this.

It looks like the National Letter of Intent signing period has been changed from April 15, 2020 through May 20,2020 to April 15, 2020 through August 1, 2020.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 6, 2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I know this has been discussed somewhere on the board but this probably as good as place as any.

It looks like the National Letter of Intent signing period has been changed from April 15, 2020 through May 20,2020 to April 15, 2020 through August 1, 2020.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/index.html
                      I want to get our commits to sign on April 15.

Comment

Working...
                      X