Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice Hill 6'2 PG 2020 JUCO to Murray St

Per his twitter

looks like he has three years left to play. Redshirted at Arkansas then transferred after coaching chsnge

3 years to play D1. Played on a 29-4 Salt Lake City team. Redshirted as a freshman at Arkansas then transferred to SLC. Current offers are East Carolina, Nevada, Washington St, Fresno St.

JUCO stats: https://slccbruins.com/sports/mens-b...tice-hill/1682
    JUCO stats: https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/20...usticehill4z1u
    Verbal commits: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/justice-hill

Highlights (from High School):

Comment

our PG situation looks like it will be much worse next season

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        our PG situation looks like it will be much worse next season
        Did you really think it was that great this year? Joe Ragland or Malcolm Armstead in their first year in our program would've been our best PG this season. Whose to say we can't find one of those guys?

Comment

I like this kid along with some of the others the shocks are recruiting. But, from what I read on Hill he seems to be a real leader. The shocks need a legitimate true point guard that can lead a team. In addition after reading the article about what Coach said and what PJ Cousinard said, I am thinking the coaching staff is going to learn and not make the same mistakes as they did in the past. A graduate transfer or juco point guard with a high school freshmen would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Did you really think it was that great this year? Joe Ragland or Malcolm Armstead in their first year in our program would've been our best PG this season. Whose to say we can't find one of those guys?
            Obviously we won’t know until they sign, get here, and we see how they acclimate and play against AAC competition and scouting. So, I always watch the highlight videos with with skepticism.

That all being said I like what I see from all the PGs we’re currently looking at. Probably my list is Malik then this kid and the Louisville kid tied.

As far as this kid...
            -Seems to have a very quick first step
            -I don’t see a lot of settling for step back jumpers or pull up threes
            -Looked to penetrate and dish or finish, saw a lot of tough finishes and good vision.
            -highlights are against JUCO comp so better than AAU or HS but still JUCO
            -Didn’t see a ton of half court highlights like the Malik tape. A lot in transition. I like attacking in transition but we need a guy who can break down a D in half court.

Comment

Agreed about not getting to enamored with JUCO highlights.

Ricky looked like a future All-American in his tape.
              The Assman

Comment

Closing in on nearly three years since his oral commitment, Justice Hill will sign a national letter of intent to play basketball at Arkansas this morning.

Comment

I didn't know that this kid had played football. Thanks. I did some more research. Apparently Hill led his high school team to the state championship as a quarterback. In addition, he won the highest award in Arkansas "Landen Award" as the top football player in the state. These are some good intangibles for leadership qualities. I realize that juco basketball videos can be deceiving, but this kid signed out of high school with a power 5 school and was a dual sport athlete. The shocks offered him a scholarship, so he must have something going for him. The last time we signed some players that played football and basketball, their names were Tekel Cotton, Ron Baker, and Evan Wessel. No doubt those guys were tough.

At least we know that this kid is use to physical contact.

Comment

Good call. I’ve always liked multi sport athletes as well. Don’t feel like I see them quite as much but I could be wrong.

Comment

Reminds me of Lomax.

Comment

Ranked the #1 pure PG and #19 player overall by jucorecruiting.com. There are two combo guards above him.
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                          Reminds me of Lomax.
                          With a little more height...
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

With a little more height...
                            Maybe not. Everything I've seen has him listed at 6'0" or 5'11".

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              -highlights are against JUCO comp so better than AAU or HS but still JUCO
                              Where are his JUCO highlights? The highlights in post #2 indicate those are high school highlights.

Comment

Working...
                              X