Arecko Gipson Jr. 6'6 Wing 2020 JUCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arecko Gipson Jr. 6'6 Wing 2020 JUCO

Wichita State was on-campus at East Mississippi CC (shoutout Last Chance U) yesterday to see 6'6 wing Arecko Gipson Jr. Arecko is originally from Cordova, TN (shoutout Rod Brown). Redshirted last season at EMCC due to injury, and will have three years to play Division 1 after this upcoming juco season. Offers from La Tech, Troy, Albany, Texas Southern, Jacksonville St, and SEMO.

VC: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/arecko-gipson-jr
    EMCC: https://www.emccathletics.com/sports...r._arecko_h86i

Not an overly impressive list of offers so far but we will see. Do we really want to add another player to this year's 5-man freshman class assuming they all return? My peference would be to bring in a freshman and redhsirt 1 or 2 guys this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Do we really want to add another player to this year's 5-man freshman class assuming they all return? My peference would be to bring in a freshman and redhsirt 1 or 2 guys this year.
      Well, ya gotta get the best guys ya can get, but I agree with your point

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Well, ya gotta get the best guys ya can get, but I agree with your point
        I guess that's the question. Is this the best guys we can get? His list of suitors at this point might indicate he is not the best guy we can get. But maybe he is a an under the radar steal.

Comment

I guess that's the question. Is this the best guys we can get? His list of suitors at this point might indicate he is not the best guy we can get. But maybe he is a an under the radar steal.
          Or a back up back up insurance plan...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Or a back up back up insurance plan...
            Your not with the FBI are you?

Comment

Not an overly impressive list of offers so far but we will see. Do we really want to add another player to this year's 5-man freshman class assuming they all return? My peference would be to bring in a freshman and redhsirt 1 or 2 guys this year.
              Haven’t offered yet. Most juco guys aren’t heavily recruited yet. My guess it’s early but it appears they are looking to be safe in case they have to replace Dexter if he has a great year. That would keep the class at 5.

Comment

We are looking for the best available wing player-think the class is not as important as getting the right guy

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  We are looking for the best available wing player-think the class is not as important as getting the right guy
                  I agree the class is not as important as the quality of player but it is a factor. Plus at this point I am not convinced this is the best available wing player although what 3G thinks clearly is what counts.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 25, 2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

HCGM must be feeling pretty confident about some combination of Trey, Isaiah, DeAntoni, and Josephat at the four in 20-21.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      HCGM must be feeling pretty confident about some combination of Trey, Isaiah, DeAntoni, and Josephat at the four in 20-21.
                      That's a bunch of guys, so one would hope that some combination of them could fill 40 minutes at a position between them. Actually, I'd think that if all works out as WSU hoped when they recruited these four, they should be able by next season to combine for more than 40 minutes (and therefore fill more than just one spot), which leaves room for another wing -- or, who knows, maybe even another big man, which would obviously be a subject for a different thread.

Comment

NEVER stop recruiting! I don't care what the current roster looks like. You never know what might happen.

Comment

Updated video. Long athletic wing. Fits the mold of what HCGM and staff have been going after lately.

Comment

Not sure if anyone caught it, but this kid ended up at MVSU and played last night against the Shox. Had 1 point, 1 assist, 2 rebounds in 12 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Not sure if anyone caught it, but this kid ended up at MVSU and played last night against the Shox. Had 1 point, 1 assist, 2 rebounds in 12 minutes.
                              how on earth did you.......?

Comment

Working...
                              X