Chris Moore, 6'6" SF, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Moore, 6'6" SF, 2020

Shockers make the final (long-azz) list from Chris Moore, a 6-6, 220lb small forward from West Memphis, AR, High School

Moore (6-6, 220) named Arkansas, Memphis, Kentucky, North Carolina, Auburn, Iowa State, Ole Miss, Murray State, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, St. John’s and Wichita State as his top schools. The next time he narrows his list, Moore plans to cut nine schools.

He averaged 17.7 points, 6.1 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.1 blocks per game for 17-under Woodz Elite during the Nike EYBL regular season while shooting 66 percent from the field.

Chris Moore reduced his list of about 30 offers down to 14 recently, but the level of communication with college coaches is still at a high clip.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

That's a mucky list. No way we make the next cut.

On second look, that's basically a who's who of Muckville.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      That's a mucky list. No way we make the next cut.

On second look, that's basically a who's who of Muckville.
      I'm not for sure what you mean, but at least we got a specific mention. We were one of seven schools with a specific mention. If he chooses five, we may be at least close to the top five. However, it doesn't help to be close.

"Arkansas is one of the schools aggressively recruiting Moore.

“They’ll call me every week,” Moore said. “They’ll tell me things and check on me - what a coach is supposed to do. They’ll check on me to see if I’m doing good and ask what I’m doing sometimes.”

“Kentucky started contacting me. Same thing, coach is asking me how I’m doing and everything. Auburn, coach (Wes) Flanigan, he’ll call me and give me some gameplan and tell me what he wants me to work on. Memphis, I got coach (Tony) Madlock, he’s on me all the time. It’s like he’s already my coach. He’s on me all the time. A lot more schools like Texas Tech, Wichita State, St. John’s."

Comment

Have we ever had a recruit or player from Memphis that panned out?

Comment

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          To my knowledge, we've only had one recruit from Memphis and no it didn't pan out. We had a recruit from Dallas several years ago that didn't pan out. But Dave Stallworth sure did. I suppose he was from Fort Worth, but we've had numerous recruits out of the DWF area. Same with Houston, and Kansas City. Some haven't panned out while others do. We shouldn't base our recruiting on one player not becoming what we hope.

I wouldn't be surprised if our recruit from Memphis pans out after a little more seasoning with the right Junior College and grow into a productive Division 1 player. However, sitting the bench for us or anyone else wouldn't help him grow.

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          2 if you count Lomax.
      Working...
      X