No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its possible that she is the one that doesn't want to get married.

We have no way of knowing and I know its the offseason and we're bored, but its really none of our business in any case.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Uh, sure, she doesn't want to get married to the NBA stud who is the father of her children. Makes total sense!

• WheatShock
      WheatShock commented
      Editing a comment
      Notice I said that its possible, not definite. I'm just pointing out that there are many potential reasons that they haven't married.

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Shontai is a really sweet young woman and Fred would be very lucky if she said yes, and trust me when I tell you she wants to get married.

I should add that certainly recent events could have changed one or both opinions. That being said, I think the world of both of them and Fred's family that I know, and I want them to be happy and I don't care 1 iota how they live as long as they both take care of those precious children. And I have no doubt they will.

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    Its possible that she is the one that doesn't want to get married.

We have no way of knowing and I know its the offseason and we're bored, but its really none of our business in any case.
    I agree, there's no need for us to be sticking our nose in this aspect of his personal life. We have no idea what the facts are, or even if either of them believe in marriage.

If they do and they get married I want them to be happy, and if they don't get married I also want them to be happy.

Fred you do you, and we have all been looking up to your success and continue to do so.

Comment

In all fairness, Fred is in the middle of some important basketball games. He may have something planned in the off season.

Comment

• im4wsu
        im4wsu commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems like he's had the last nine months, as well as the x years before that, so the current games should not be a very important consideration.

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        trying to give him the benefit of doubt.

Why does everyone have such a hard on for why they're not married? Jeez. We don't know them personally and we don't know their situation. Plain and simple. None of our business.

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        If you’re asking a serious question, I suppose you want some people to answer, so I’ll start. Fred’s been dating the same girl for quite some time, since high school, I think. He’s fathered 2 kids with her, even named one after himself. Kids like Fred that grow up in tough environments often comment about instability in the house, lack of fathers, etc. well, one way to break that cycle is to have a stable household, be a father, husband, etc. He may very well be a great boyfriend and dad, but kids need fathers and his girlfriend deserves a husband, not a baby daddy.

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Since when does being married equal stability or being a good mate and father. I believe in marriage, but I know cases where that didn't automatically make someone a good mate/husband or father figure. Since one isn't automatic with the other, I'm sure not being married doesn't mean one cannot be a good mate and father.

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t say it was automatic, i’m just making assumptions that Fred is a good guy and he has a good relationship with his girlfriend, I could be wrong though on either front, I hope not, but I’m tired of debating marriage. I love Fred and think he’s one of the best guys to ever play here. I wish him the best.

It’s 2019.

Comment

For all we know, Fred's girlfriend told him she won't marry him until he wins an NBA championship.

Comment

I think it's a wise young lady who would want to wait to marry an NBA guy until she sees how he handles being a multi-millionaire and all those nights on the road. A lot of NBA guys have pretty bad track records at that.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it would be much wiser to lock in half of his income to support their children, in case he flakes out.

It is going to be a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong off season.:frown:
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I hope he continues to try to be a good and honest man who overflows with integrity. Everything else is window dressing. His marital status shouldn't matter to anyone on SN.

Comment

Honestly, his is marital status ain’t our business, it’s 2019 the views on marriage in society have changed significantly from even just 20 years ago.

Wish this off season would hurry up and be over with.
              Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                Honestly, his is marital status ain’t our business, it’s 2019 the views on marriage in society have changed significantly from even just 20 years ago.
                Fred’s personal life decisions are his to make.

However, since you brought up the changes in marital status and the production of children..... Marriage for couples under 30 and the children they are producing (since you are a tax payer too i would speculate) result in social ills and problems in single parent households that are a real problem. Problems result in higher poverty levels and child/school discipline issues, etc.

Most likely poverty won’t become a problem in Fred’s family and I wish them all well. Fred seems to be a responsible and fine person.

Comment

This thread started out funny. Now it's just stupid and bordering on invasion of privacy. Needs to be deleted.

Comment

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My statement had little to do with Fred and more to do with the statement regarding the direction of society which impact all of us. Fred's a great and successful kid.
                    Last edited by Shockm; June 3, 2019, 04:35 PM.

Cheering on your favorite player of all time to make awesome life choices is definitely not negative, not an invasion of privacy, and definitely a good thing.

I hope all of our Shockers avoid smoking weed in the off season and train hard too.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I hope all current and former players live their lives as they want to do, so long as it’s not detrimental to themselves, this program, or the pursuit of their careers.
                    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
                      This thread started out funny. Now it's just stupid and bordering on invasion of privacy. Needs to be deleted.
                      Let me see if I can get it back on the fun track.

Per FVV's own reports, the early scouting report on FVVJr is that he is a five star at sleeping, eating, and pooping. Dribbling skills are developing, but not the ones needed for basketball. Passing is restricted to gas right now, and communication with teammates is still a challenge.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                      X