Galen Alexander 6'6 F 2019 JUCO to Georgetown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galen Alexander 6'6 F 2019 JUCO to Georgetown

This is an interesting one. Former 4 star recruit but was dismissed from LSU. Dexter Dennis retweeted it so he might know him

ESPN had him 79th in the Class of 2017
    Last edited by Stickboy46; February 21, 2019, 08:21 AM.

Not overwhelmed by the collection of offers he has received. And what were the reasons for his dismissal from LSU? May be some unwanted baggage.

Comment

• Shockm
      Shockm commented
      Editing a comment
      Two things about juco recruiting. First of all, Top conferences are almost always late to the Juco player party. Second of all his dismissal has probably contributed to that and he obviously has some baggage (the stories i saw didn't point to the problem and it may not be public). Hopefully our staff does their homework but he is obviously an athletic juco player who has been viewed as a big time player if you look at who was recruiting him out of high school.

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't find any details about the dismissal besides it was in Will Wade's first season and they were saying he was "cleaning house"

• wusphlash
      wusphlash commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Greg Heier would be willing to counsel our coaching staff on the reasons for his departure.

Him or Christian Brown

Comment

JucoRecruiting.com
      @JucoRecruiting
      Feb 19 More

West Virginia has offered Galen Alexander (6’6, G/F, 2019) of Jones County JC

Comment

Galen Alexander is a 6'6 forward from Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. Former Top 100 recruit on ESPN. Enrolled for his sophomore season at Jones County College in Mississippi. Never really logged any minutes his freshman season at LSU. Reported offers from WSU, Georgetown, West Virginia, Mississippi State, Southern Miss, and several other mid-majors and low-majors.

Averaging 18 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists for Jones County: http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19...nalexandercxi5

This is a grown man: https://jcjcathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1155

Couldn't find any highlights from JUCO, so here's some high school film:

ESPN profile:http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...alen-alexander
        VC: http://verbalcommits.com/players/galen-alexander
        Rivals: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...alexander-1605

Comment

I don't have a problem with Christian Brown or Galen Alexander. Both are 6'6, really athletic, can play either the 3 or 4, are capable of performing at a high level, and are what we need in the American. However, I have to say that Josephat Bilat is intriguing as a 4 or 5. At 6'10 or 6'11, and a 7'2 wingspan, he can reportedly play on the perimeter or inside. He would be an X factor that is difficult to find for an AAC school. Only a few of the Top schools have someone like him. He may still be difficult to "reel" in but he reportedly has some level of interest, and would be a tantalizing talent.

Comment

• B1ShockFan
            B1ShockFan commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you mean Josephat Bilau, he would be a great addition if possible.

I can think of one coach at LSU Marshall could call to find out what happened, can you?

Comment

.Sorry. I didn’t see the Message from Wusplash

Comment

He reminds me of a smaller version of Antoine Carr. Physical, can be creative in the paint, has a competent perimeter shot, can block shots and plays well in the open floor...oh yea, can score in lots of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                I can think of one coach at LSU Marshall could call to find out what happened, can you?
                I would hope Marshall already did that before offering.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most likely -- I'm pretty sure Marshall and his staff don't go on blind fishing expeditions when it comes to recruiting. That's what we do here, and it's one of the reasons Marshall makes a lot more money from basketball than we do (combined).

Bring this guy in. Would help balance the classes and would provide a better player for the team then a couple others currently on the roster.
                The Assman

Comment

Not exactly a guy who avoided trouble at LSU, but maybe he has grown up.

Comment

• Shock Top
                    Shock Top commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Might be time to start taking some risks on high-talent, high-ceiling, kids

Teddy could be a good influence on the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Not exactly a guy who avoided trouble at LSU, but maybe he has grown up.
                    Could you please explain what your talking about by making this statement.

Comment

• shoxlax
                      shoxlax commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He and several teammates shot at a guy with a paintball gun. Then my guess (from the insiders) is that he was a two time winner at Pee Roulette.

Not heinous offenses, I know, but not exactly a bastion of maturity or responsibility.

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Could you please explain what your talking about by making this statement.
                    He got dismissed as a freshman. It was not publicly revealed why.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                    X