Miscellaneous Recruiting items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous Recruiting items

Lately I've been doing edits, instead of new posts on several players that no longer are in the picture for the Shockers. I don't see the need to bring so many of them to the top of the board. I'll start mentioning these in this one thread. I'll also put in a few other tidbits. Give me feed back if you like this idea.

Matt Gramling finally made it official for Army.

Houston got Chicken Knowles and another good Houston player. Yesterday, two other players from Houston, four star Wanna Bail and three star Michael Carey were scheduled to announce. Houston was in their final three. No announcement was made and RCA sports says there is a new mystery school who will be visiting them today. Is there still a WSU coach in Texas??

Justin Seymour from Georgia has committed to Utah.
    In the fast lane

I don't know how Houston gets these kids, other than the chance to stay home and play. Going to Houston seems like you're in a black hole of mediocrity. You never hear anything of these kids once they start playing there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
      I don't know how Houston gets these kids, other than the chance to stay home and play. Going to Houston seems like you're in a black hole of mediocrity. You never hear anything of these kids once they start playing there.
      I don't think this sound good for Houston.

Missouri State recently obtained a verbal from under (maybe way under), the radar 6-10 Bruce Marshall from Fayette, Missouri.
      In the fast lane

Comment

I really enjoy the idea for the thread tremendously. I'll sticky it, actually.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Prince Ibeh from Texas has a final four of Arkansas, Texas, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt. A decision is expected very soon.
          In the fast lane

Comment

I get the idea, but it may get confusing having everything here, and not in their thread.

Does it bring it to the top when you edit a post that was, say, 3 months old?

You could just edit the first post on each page with a ******* Committed to Houston **********

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
              I get the idea, but it may get confusing having everything here, and not in their thread.

Does it bring it to the top when you edit a post that was, say, 3 months old?

You could just edit the first post on each page with a ******* Committed to Houston **********

Just a thought.
              No it doesn't bring it to the top when I edit and I've done it several times recently. And I will continue the practice. However for those interested in say Justin Seymour being off the board they would not know unless they do a search. For those not interested in such matters and pure speculation like the Wanna Bail info above, there would be no need to look at this thread.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Bradley is going up against Kansas for the #2 ranked player in the 2014 class from Illinois, 6-9 Cliff Alexander. Both have offered.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Nazareth Long didn't stay at LaJolla Prep very long. He's transferred to the REDA prep program, back in his homeland of Canada. He's taking officials in the near future to Rice and Iowa State and will probably decide by November signing time.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Carlton Ford has verballed to Murray State. "C.J." reported a Shocker offer over a year ago.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

As expected, Prince Ibeh verbals to Texas.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

The mystery school, if there was one, never showed up to see Bail and Carey in Houston (see first post).
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Recruits going to other madness events:

Jordan Neff-North Florida
                          Athlon Bell-Arkansas
                          Michael Qualls-Arkansas
                          Demetrius Dyston-Tennessee?
                          Markel Crawford-Memphis
                          Teddy Hawkins-Creighton
                          T.J. Williams-Wilmington
                          Ekene Anachebe-Old Dominion
                          Jalen Lindsey-Memphis
                          Sterling Brown-DePaul
                          A.J. Riley-Bradley
                          Kyle Washington-Connecticut
                          Charles Buggs-Clemson
                          Nazareth Long-Rice
                          Jordan Granger- Auburn

10/18 update: T.J. Williams did not make it to Willmington's madness
                          Last edited by tropicalshox; October 18, 2011, 07:37 PM.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Michael Qualls verballed to Arkansas.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                              Michael Qualls verballed to Arkansas.
                              No surprise there.

Comment

Working...
                              X