Walk-Ons - 2011 and Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk-Ons - 2011 and Later

I have listed some walk ons below. I am sure the list is not complete.

Please tell me the names of players, whom I have omitted.

My List

Joe Mitchell - Transfer. Must sit out in '11-'12.

Adam Hasty - Freshman

Randall Vautravers - Redshirt Freshman

Ron Baker - I suppose Ron is considered a walk-on, who will redshirt in '10-'11.

Malcomb Armstead - Transfer. Must sit out in '11-'12.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Is Tray Jones still a walk-on?

Comment

Re: Walk-Ons - 2011 and Later

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio

My List

Joe Mitchell - Transfer. Must sit out in '10-'11.

Adam Hasty - Freshman

Ron Baker - I suppose Ron is considered a walk-on, who will redshirt in '10-'11.

Malcomb Armstead - Transfer. Must sit out in '10-'11.
      I agree with your list.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTimeShox
        Is Tray Jones still a walk-on?
        No, Jones is no longer on the roster.

Comment

It seems to me the quality of our walk ons is much improved over the days when the younger assistants used to fill out the roster during some drills.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
            It seems to me the quality of our walk ons is much improved over the days when the younger assistants used to fill out the roster during some drills.
            I think DFord could hold his own on the court though! haha
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Does anyone else find it surprising and refreshing with the quality of walkons and kids willing to play without a scholarship?

Everyone should get there early for that first open scrimmage. I think there are a lot of fans anxious to get a look at this team.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash
                Does anyone else find it surprising and refreshing with the quality of walkons and kids willing to play without a scholarship?

Everyone should get there early for that first open scrimmage. I think there are a lot of fans anxious to get a look at this team.
                I certainly do. In a not so distant past Baker, Armstead, and Mitchell would be expected starters and prized signees! Not that they aren't now, but these guys have chosen to come on their own dime!
                Livin the dream

Comment

My List

Adam Hasty - Freshman

I think you mean Ron Baker will redshirt this year ('11-'12).

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                    Originally posted by wusphlash

I certainly do. In a not so distant past Baker, Armstead, and Mitchell would be expected starters and prized signees! Not that they aren't now, but these guys have chosen to come on their own dime!
                    Now we talk about who's going to redshirt, not questioning that we have no one who can fill a hole. We have 5 seniors we hardly talk about. None of them will give up playing time without a fight. These are good times.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Three legitimate D1 players as walkons is unheard of in my history of following WSU basketball, which goes back to when Stallworth was recruited.

Armstead must really hate Altman. Oregon's single season record-holder for steals is now a Shocker walkon. The icing on the cake was when Armstead was named the most valuable player for Oregon in 2011-12 by one web site.

The best player from a BCS team is a walkon at WSU. Is that special or what?
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker

My List

Adam Hasty - Freshman

I think you mean Ron Baker will redshirt this year ('11-'12).
                        Thanks. The good doctor has pointed out the two errors. I corrected the errors in the original post, but the software does not continue the corrections in "quotes" in subsequest posts such as your post.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                        X