No announcement yet.

Earl Watson to Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Watson is 6-7 or 6-8 and 240 already, with those spindly legs RDR loves, he should be quite the hulk by the time Rosenboom has had a full shot at him -- certainly big enough to be an effective college center.

Comment

6'7" or 6'8" as a center may cut it in the MVC, but does not cut it in post season play.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
        6'7" or 6'8" as a center may cut it in the MVC, but does not cut it in post season play.
        Funny, since the two years SIU went to the Sweet Sixteen this decade they had a 6'6" center and a 6'7" center.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

6'8" is about as short as you'd want. But there are exceptions to every rule. He will have a seven foot project in the frontcourt with him who should be a RFR. And who knows who else. We are recruiting a number of 6'8" CF types so who knows.

I'm not worried.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            You must be thinking of someone else. Watson was only said to have blocked, I believe, 42 shots in a game...
            Only 42? He needs to get his head in the game...amateur...
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

In addition to Hatter's observation about SIU, don't forget that George Mason found that a bulky 6-7 center was able to get them all the way to the Final Four. Watson has some weight to add -- calling Kerry Rosenboom -- before he compares to Jai Lewis, who also was willing to step out and chuck the occasional three. Still, Lewis was just 6-7, and he did fine in post season play, as did his team.

If I wanted to worry about Watson -- although, like Sub, I won't for now --I'd be more concerned about his academics than his height.

Comment

The highlight reel soon broke out for the Indians, with Earl Watson slamming home a lob pass from JT Thomas, followed by another two-handed dunk by Baskin on the break, and Watson again finishing a lob pass from White to make it 53-29.

It was another balanced scoring effort for Chipola, with Joseph Uchebo leading the way with 11 points, and Watson 10.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Did Uchebo end up being a qualifier? Can he go play D-1 next year?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Did Uchebo end up being a qualifier? Can he go play D-1 next year?
                    As in most cases there was never official word on this. After his decommitment from North Carolina State, sources said he could not qualify. He hasn't been mentioned in the 2012 recruiting talk so I've assumed he will be at Chipola another year.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Charles Barkley.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

JaMychal Green is also 6'8" and Mitchell is 6'6" for Alabama and not only are they their starting post players, they are the strength of that team.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

JucoRecruitingBrad Winton

2013 Wichita State commit Earl Watson (Chipola) is a MAN in the post. He will be tough to handle after another year of JC
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                            JucoRecruitingBrad Winton

2013 Wichita State commit Earl Watson (Chipola) is a MAN in the post. He will be tough to handle after another year of JC
                            I like it!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Stats on Watson are a little hard to come by. I know he wasn't playing early on for some reason, but Chipolla is 16-1 (ranked #6 nationally) and the NJCAA has stats from 8 of those games. Watson played in 5 of those (one game he had one FGA and one rebound). Of the four that Watson had significant PT, he is averaging about 8 points, 5 boards, and 1 block off the bench. He is playing behind two former top 100 HS players that are averaging 10 and 5 and 13 and 13 respectively.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

I know he is just a Freshman, however, this is one recruit and I cant get too excited on

Comment

Working...
                                X