No announcement yet.

Earl Watson to Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chipola begins its regular season tonight at home in the Milton H. Johnson Classic at 7 p.m. against an unknown opponent. Former North Carolina State signee Joseph Uchebo is out with an injury, so Earl will be part of a now-three-man rotation in the post.

" ... Perhaps the greatest strength for the Indians this year will be on the low block where the Indians sport a four-man rotation that includes Carter, Uchebo, freshman Earl Watson, and former Marianna Bulldogs star Kruize Pinkins.

Headrick said this became more evident during the team’s recent trips to Tallahassee and Columbus, Ga., for preseason games.

“That’s what stood out to me the most in these jamborees, our ability to dominate the glass and limit teams to one shot,” he said. “We were being able to throw it inside down low and score or get fouled. We’ve got skilled, big-bodied guys, and four complete players down low.”

They’re also quite large, with Uchebo standing at 6 feet, 11 inches, Carter at 6 foot, 9 inches, Pinkins and Watson at 6 feet, 7 inches each, and all weighing at 240 pounds or heavier.

“The biggest thing is how physical our post players are,” Headrick said. “We can’t just come down the floor and jack up shots. We’ve got to let those guys get in the play, get involved in the offense, and make people pay down low. ... "

Full Chipola Schedule: http://bit.ly/sE79mp
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Looks like Uchebo played and went 23pts/21 rebs... no mention of Watson... also noticed he is not on the schools roster?

Comment

uh-oh

Comment

Can't be good. Players don't disappear from the roster after being mentioned by the coach in a recent interview unless they've left the team.

Comment

Maybe redshirting?

Comment

A Redshirt would be a great thing.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Im guessing he left the team or has been kicked off the team

Comment

No idea what happened but a redshirt seems unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Can't be good. Players don't disappear from the roster after being mentioned by the coach in a recent interview unless they've left the team.
                    Juco guys move around a lot, and Watson has already established himself as a mover. So he may indeed have left, but I suspect the Shocker coaches know what's going on. The other thing to keep in mind is that given his history and academics, there's always been reason to wonder -- even more than usual -- whether this commitment would ever turn into a scholarship.

Comment

Maxpreps has him listed at 6'9", 235 lbs.

Comment

Suellentrop tweeted today that Watson is still on the roster. Here is the concatenated text of the tweets:

WSU fans can relax on Chipola's Earl Watson. Still on the roster and will play in Chipola's next game, according to Chipola assistant Patrick Blake. Him not playing over the weekend was "one of those things" Blake said. "He'll be back and ready to go," Blake said.

Comment

Him not playing over the weekend was "one of those things" Blake said. "He'll be back and ready to go," Blake said.
                          Sounds mysterious. Don't want to speculate, but this sounds like a "team rules" type of thing. I can't believe the coaches would "overlook" him for two games.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Suellentrop tweeted today that Watson is still on the roster. Here is the concatenated text of the tweets:
                            He may still be on the team, but I don't see his name on the online roster.

Not the the online roster means a whole lot. Maybe part of the response for "one of those things" was to sit him and take his name off the roster. OTOH, I don't know if his name has ever been on the online roster.

Comment

Just had someone tweet me that her husband heard he had gotten in trouble. Take it with a grain of salt.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                He may still be on the team, but I don't see his name on the online roster.

Not the the online roster means a whole lot. Maybe part of the response for "one of those things" was to sit him and take his name off the roster. OTOH, I don't know if his name has ever been on the online roster.
                                Not being on the online roster means a whole lot -- at Wichita State. At Chipola, it doesn't necessarily mean much. They just don't have a lot of resources or continuity in pr and media relations at a juco much less a dedicated web content guy (check their press releases page for a not-so-up-to-date listing, for instance). I wouldn't worry too much about this.
                                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X