Earl Watson to Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earl Watson to Rhode Island

Rivals' database shows WSU offering Earl Watson, a 6-7 or 6-8, 240 lbs. power forward who will be a Chipola JC this year. He was a 2009 graduate of Fort Pierce, Florida (Central High). It appears he took a prep year at Queen City Prep in Charlotte, NC.
    In the fast lane

So............he would be eligible to play right away in 2012-2013 as a sophomore?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
      So............he would be eligible to play right away in 2012-2013 as a sophomore?
      Rivals has him as a 2013. He probably still isn't qualified and will need a juco degree. Unfortunately prep schools don't always take care of the academic issues.
      In the fast lane

Comment

@ebosshoops
        Eric Bossi

Wichita State has gotten an intriguing commitment. Earl Watson a 6-7 freshman forward at Chipola junior college in Florida.

Comment

@ebosshoops
          Eric Bossi

Watson is an athletic 240 pounder who has been drawing rave reviews from schools in to see him early. Could be an impact MVC guy.

@ebosshoops
          Eric Bossi

Keep in mind, Watson is a class of 2013 recruit.

Comment

Wow, so we already have a recruit for the 13-14 season? I like where this is going. Looks like Marshall might stay here a while for sure.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Oh and I'm sure the Heiar and Jans connection to Chipola paid off once again.

Comment

I'm beginning to overcome my opposition to using JC players. I'll take 2 years of a guy who's 6'8" and 240 AS A FR and is described as athletic. Athletic and "needs to do some conditioning work" are usually mutually exclusive comments.

For comparison, Paul Miller was 6'10" and 250 as a Sr and I don't think he was commonly described as "athletic", but he dominated the league his Sr year - partly because of his strength and size.

Watson has some "beast" potential.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how he does at Chipola. They are loaded in the front court.

In the fast lane

Comment

Good Lord.

Comment

The premium article on Watson said that he is a High-Major athlete, and always finishes above the rim. He has a very wide upper body that he uses to his advantage at both ends of the court.

Bossi seems to think very highly of Mr. Watson.

Comment

From listening to Chipola's coach talk about their post players this season he'll sure practice against some top talent, including Alabama transfer Jason Carter and former NC State commit, 6'11 Joseph Uchebo.

The question will be how much playing time will he get this year? He may have to wait until next year to be the primary post presence at Chipola.

Comment

Marshall said we are going to get some players!
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_
                            Oh and I'm sure the Heiar and Jans connection to Chipola paid off once again.
                            Dana Ford also was an assistant at Chipola. However I think we can chalk this one up to Greg Heiar.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

I saw Jans tweet this morning

Great Day at Shocker Nation thus far...still some Major Work 2 do tho!!
                              and wondered if that meant there had been some good recruiting news. Didn't think it was because the CAC coffee was extra special today.

Comment

Working...
                              X