No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne 6'1 G 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, fellow Shocker fans. Looks like I'll be able to see Tyson Etienne Monday night. Putnam Science Academy recently added a game against local prep school St. Thomas More. I'll post my humble opinion of Mr. Etienne after the game. :bball_spin:

Comment

• and so.................

Comment

• Saw Tyson last night and he is a true leader/floor general/coach on the floor. He was directing everyone, encouraging everyone. It was obvious that it is his team. Very positive guy, very animated, talking to every guy on his team. He is well-built, and fearlessly takes the ball to the rim. He scraps for rebounds w/ the big guys, and is very high-energy. He played about 17 minutes in the first half, maybe 10-12 minutes in the second half as they controlled the game by then. Unfortunately, he reminded me of Erik Stevenson in that he has a smooth stroke, but misses a little too much. He was probably 2-10 from the field (1-3 on 3s). He had a couple of turnovers trying to feed the post, but he made 5-6 FTs and finished w/ 10 points. He and Dennis would have epic dunk contests. In summary, he reminds me of Westbrook or Donovan Mitchell. Very good defensively, not afraid of contact, and his FIRST reaction to a shot was to turn and find an opponent to box out! I wouldn't label him as strictly a PG, his leadership skills might make him the starting PG for the Shocks! BTW...PSA is 33-1 on the season, and I think they are ranked #2 in prep rankings. Their 7-footer is going to Texas Tech.

Comment

• pie n eye
        pie n eye commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope Stevenson finds his stroke next year and that Etienne has it and doesn’t lose it for more than a few games at a time.

Shamet and Reaves were probably two of the best, if not the best, shooters we’ve had in the Marshall era. Of course Hannah, Frankamp, FVV, Baker, Ragland (sr year at least), Kyles, Ben Smith were all very good too or at least had their moments but I think overall Shamet and Reaves were the best.

Of course even they had stretches where they couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn but at this point I don’t think Stevenson will ever be near a career ~45% 3pt guy like them. Maybe, though. They both had the benefit of being eased into action on veteran teams.

• Found this online this morning. Kinda summarizes what I saw last night. Stats are not for all games, but from what's posted, looks like Tyson avgs. 16 ppg. 36% FG,68% FT,33% 3s, around 5 RB/G (half offensive), 5 ASt/PG.

Comment

• Here's the local newspaper write-up for last night's game, incl. a photo of Tyson.
        OAKDALE  - They filled the old gymnasium on Cottage Road on Monday night to watch two of the best prep basketball programs in the country. And the standing-room-only crowd was entertained from the opening tap to the final whistle during this old-fashioned barnburner.“It was a great atmosphere,” Mustangs coach Tom Espinosa said. “You don’t always get that in prep basketball.”Defending national champion Putnam Science Academy pulled away late in the second

Comment

• I hope he's a PG. We don't need more 2 guards that aren't great shooters. I can live with those numbers if he can get in the paint and make things happen though.

Comment

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            We need this guy period.

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, he’s gonna be good. I just hope he’s a capable PG, which is what we need most.

• I’m not saying next year because he will just be a Freshman. However, watch Corey Davis and you will see what Tyson Etienne will become. An all AAC player, who is 6’1 and very strong. He will be a good, crafty driver who has strength to the basket. But he can also handle it and shoot from long range. He will also have the toughness and be able to interchangeably play point when needed. It may not happen until his 2nd or 3rd year but that will be who he is.

Comment

• homegrownshocker
            homegrownshocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Have to agree with your enthusiasm about his future!! Had an excellent season at PSA this year.

• Comment

• Our two guards were 73-4 last year. Winners!!!!
            Livin the dream

Comment

• any relation?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                From the same part of Connecticut.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Capture.JPG

Did we ever figure out if there was any relation? If so, TE needs to put on the hard sell for this kid!

Comment

• Reclassifying to 2020 still an option huh? Hmmm...

Comment

Working...
                    X