2012 recruit visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 recruit visits

The Shox have one or two current openings for 2012. Here are the 2012 recruits we know are planning visits to Wichita or have WSU in their final or top few schools:

Deonatae Hawkins 6-7 PF

He is also planning visits to Dayton, Georgia and Auburn. However the Shockers might not be in real good shape with him as he recently said Dayton, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama and West Virginia stand out to him.

9/4 Update: WSU, Dayton, Auburn and Alabama are said to be his final four.

9-22 A visit to WSU has been scheduled for the end of September.

Cleanthony Early 6-7 SF

Washington State has been visited and visits San Diego State, Iowa State and WSU will also receive visits. His last visit will go to either Marquette, Pitt or Alabama.

9/16 Edit- Early cuts short his visits and commits to Wichita State.

Willie Moore 6-3 CG

Moore will also visit Kent State and Cleveland State. Two of the following will also be visited: James Madison, Akron, Ohio or Miami-O.

Gavin Thurman 6-7 SF/PF

A local product who has WSU and Iowa as his top 2.

Gavin is planning to visit Iowa, Colorado State, Oklahoma State, Nebraska and Wichita State. Other offers are from Nevada, Colorado State, Missouri State, Central Michigan, Drake, Fresno State and Western Kentucky.

9-22 Edit- Shocks still recruiting Thurman but offer put on hold until Spring to see if he qualifies.

Perry Ellis 6-8 SF/PF

A local product who has WSU in his final four along with Kansas, Kansas State and Kentucky.

An in-home visit date for WSU is being worked on. In home visits with Kansas will be on September 9th. In homes with Kansas State and WSU are set for shortly thereafer.

Edit- Verbals to KU

Andre Yates 6-1 PG

His final four are said to be hometown Dayton, Wichita State, Creighton and Nebraska. IMO this is very possibly a package deal with Deonatae Hawkins.

9/16 edit- WSU is not on his list of school he is planning to visit.

DeRail Green 6-7 CF

Green will visit Wichita State weekend of 9/16. His list of schools are WSU, Colorado, Tulsa, Pepperdine, Santa Clara, Detroit, Colorado State, UTEP and Texas A&M Corpus Christi.

Top two schools WSU and Detroit. Decision expected at anytime.

Edit- Derail is a Shocker!

Please correct me if I have left anybody off. I'll add to the list as we find out about more.
    In the fast lane

What about Buddy?
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_
      What about Buddy?
      We have no idea where we stand with Buddy until he cuts his list or decides on visits. He's back from the Bahamas so it could be soon. It's possible we won't know even then if he only announces an official visit list. Like Gavin and Perry, there really isn't a need to make an official to WSU.
      In the fast lane

Comment

have we ever looked into Dominique Wilson? never hear anything about him and hes a kansas kid

Comment

I believe he moved out of the Kansas City area sometime ago and just returned. I believe his recruitment hasn't gotten national attention although he has good ratings from Scout and Rivals. I haven't heard a thing about him.
          In the fast lane

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Buddy's top 2 choices were Iowa St. and Wichita State. I just mentioned him since you listed Gavin on the list of local talent.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Buddy's top 2 choices were Iowa St. and Wichita State. I just mentioned him since you listed Gavin on the list of local talent.
              I'd love to see that, but haven't.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I think Buddy is really high on OU but that might change with the violations

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  I'd love to see that, but haven't.
                  I might need to put the crack pipe down too. Carry on, and ignore my comment hahaha.

Comment

I've added Perry Ellis to the list.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      I've added Perry Ellis to the list.
                      That sounds wonderful! 8) :posterwu:
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Perhaps you are thinking of the report that Gavin said his top 2 choices are Iowa and WSU?? I haven't read or heard anything about us being in the top 2 for Buddy. I could be mistaken though.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Buddy has not narrowed down his school list or given any info on who he is favoring.

edit- In a July OU hoops artcile Buddy was reported by OU hoops as saying to them that OU is automatically in his top 3. He didn't name others.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Orgianal post edited to include recent updates on Early, Ellis and Thurman. Nothing that hasn't been in their threads and that I'm sure you know.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Those were his top two choices for pickup.

Comment

Working...
                              X