Anthony Hubbard Transfer from Iowa??? Rumored on twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Hubbard Transfer from Iowa??? Rumored on twitter

Some creighton schmuck just tweeted that he has a 'source' that Anthony Hubbard who was released from Iowa is going to attend WSU. I can't find any legs to this story anywhere other than this jack wagon on twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheBluejayCafe/statuses/96717732220907520

I don't know where he got Mo from, his name is Anthony.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Re: Anthony Hubbard Transfer from Iowa??? Rumored on twitter

Originally posted by _kai_
    Some creighton schmuck just tweeted that he has a 'source' that Anthony Hubbard who was released from Iowa is going to attend WSU. I can't find any legs to this story anywhere other than this jack wagon on twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheBluejayCafe/statuses/96717732220907520

I don't know where he got Mo from, his name is Anthony.
    Its Creighton everyone there is named Moe, Larry or Curly 8) :posterwsu:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

It appears the original source is a twit by DeAnte Mitchell of Collegiate Hoops. He does say may be coming to WSU.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Who owns the BJC twitter? Is it the owner of the original site or the doucheking?

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
          Who owns the BJC twitter? Is it the owner of the original site or the doucheking?
          No doubt it's Matilda.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Originally posted by AndShock
            No doubt it's Matilda.
            It is Matt. Could be legs to it, might not be. I have a feeling it's likely true. Probably something he heard from somebody as he had no cause to speak to Hubbard or associates of Hubbard. He probably wanted to take a blast at WSU and Marshall and couldn't take a chance that Hubbard doesn't go to WSU. He had a post tonight on the paid board of BJC with the title something like, "what I wrote on twitter."

If the coaching staff wants Anthony Hubbard, I have no problems with it. If they are interested in him they know a lot more about the present Anthony Hubbard than Matt or any of us. BTW, the world could use a little more forgiveness. I won't preach any further as somebody else who many still pay attention to after many years had a lot to say about that. And besides, who am I to get on the bandstand about forgiveness, Matt is a jerk.

Oh yes, it's interesting that he put this post on BJC twitter instead of the twitter account with his name. I guess he thought it was unprofessional so it would be better not to put his name to it...a true jerk.

About a week ago, Anthony wrote on his facebook that he didn't know which school he would be at next year.
            In the fast lane

Comment

After doing a little online research here is my take on Hubbard.

A number of BCS schools either offered or were prepared to offer him this past spring. Players with questionable pasts, unless they are elite talents, typically don't get multiple BCS offers. That's not the case here. I think he was properly vetted and coaches convinced he has genuinely turned his life around. Sporting a 3.2 GPA and seemingly staying above the fray for four years, I tend to agree.

The homesick story doesn't wash. Rumor (one article said four sources close to the program) was that he violated a team rule that for most players, coaches would just have dealt with quietly. But due to his past the program applied zero-tolerance to Hubbard; some say he was seen drinking in a bar in downtown Iowa City. The official release from AD Barta - about Hubbard asking to transfer to be closer to home - may just be a fabrication agreed upon by both parties to minimize outside criticism.

As a player, Iowa fans who watched him play in the local summer league believed he was a key piece to getting Iowa basketball back to credibility. If the coaches do bring him here I think he'll be a difference maker as a point-forward. He's a slasher and ball-handler, whereas Smith is more of a shooter. This may allow us to redshirt Ede, who sounds like a similar player to Hubbard. From summer pick-up reports Ede has high upside and could really benefit from a redshirt year, like Cooz did.

Info on the "rumors":

So it appears we may have gotten some illumination on the Hubbard story: via Mike Hlas (who has a very good column on the subject), a report from a website called MetroSportsReport.com that Hubbard...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                The homesick story doesn't wash. Rumor (one article said four sources close to the program) was that he violated a team rule that for most players, coaches would just have dealt with quietly. But due to his past the program applied zero-tolerance to Hubbard; some say he was seen drinking in a bar in downtown Iowa City. The official release from AD Barta - about Hubbard asking to transfer to be closer to home - may just be a fabrication agreed upon by both parties to minimize outside criticism.
                Ding, ding, ding... winner! It will come out soon from IC what happened, but the "closer to home" was just something Iowa fans ran with when he approached Neb again. Either way, I hope we choose to go elsewhere with the last scholly.

Comment

Working...
                X