Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Will This Recruitng Class End Up Ranked Nationally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Will This Recruitng Class End Up Ranked Nationally?

Top 10
    1.56%
    Top 20
    21.88%
    Top 30
    54.69%
    Below 30
    21.88%

I would say top 20, but I don’t know if they include JuCos, so I went top 30.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I voted top 30 but it's probably optimistic. When "under the radar" guys are recruited, the true test is over the next 4 years, not at the end of the signing period. It will probably be one of if not the highest rated class that has been brought in in the Marshall era, but I am skeptical that the prognosticators will initially consider it top 30.

Comment

Not sure how they rank Jucos, but what we got in place of AL put us in a much better place.

Comment

The recruiting class won't rank high as 1 x 5 star or 4 star with worth exponentially more than any 3 star. Most of the class is 3 star or not rated.

That does not mean that it isn't a good class. Players tend to outperform their star ratings under Marshall

Comment

Not that it matters but the sheer size of the class will boost us in the rankings.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              Not that it matters but the sheer size of the class will boost us in the rankings.
              The way I understand the rankings, it's based on the quality rather than quantity. It's the first time in my life when I can honestly say that size doesn't matter.
              Last edited by Wooglin; April 25, 2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

It's got quality... Enough to give a chance to be top 3 in the AAC and compete for an at large

Comment

When the Shocks get this Recruiting Class all gift wrapped and signed, I'm guessing 25th. in the Nation on paper, but better that advertised once on the hardwood versus other new recruits.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The basketball IQ in this class is the highest I've ever seen Marshall gather... You guys better buckle your seat belts... Gonna go for a ride

Comment

• Aargh
                      Aargh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This from the guy who made the "Auburn" post in Torres' recruiting thread right about the time Torres was announcing his commitment to WSU.

I contend it's impossible to judge BBIQ until at least the first half of a player's first season and more likely to evaluate it accurately in their second year.

Would like to see Shocker Madness reformed to 40 minutes of MENS scrimmage if rules allowed it
                    and scrap the women's scrimmage and three point contest. Women should have their own at a
                    different time so those that don't follow them closely don't have to wait and the entire affair was shorter.

Comment

Im curious, how many 5 star and 4 star recruits are there in a given year? Im assuming it varies, but are we talking 20ish 5 star and 50ish 4 star or is it more/less?
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Usually the top 25 are 5* and the next 75 are 4*. ESPN extends its 4* evaluation out to around 130.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Weren't we in the 20s or 30s pre-AL? I don't see how we would be any lower than before.

Comment

• wufan
                            wufan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Because ALo was the cherry on top. We were~ 30 after ALo signed.

• Stickboy46
                            Stickboy46 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Alo was the highest rated player in our class ... he gave a huge bump to the overall ranking.

247sports says 50th best but doesn't reflect any of today's activity.

Comment

Working...
                          X