Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Winston to walk on?

Admittedly, this is sketchy, but ...

A kid named Shannon Winston tweeted last night that he wasn't going back to Tyler Junior College in the fall because he "got a call from Wichita State to come 2nd semester and play bball."

Winston is a 6-4 wing from Austin McCallum H.S. who has been at Tyler getting his grades in order, apparently, as he was not on the basketball team there. He averaged 9.1 ppg, 6.4 rpg and 2.7 steals for McCallum in 2009-10 with a highs of 18 pts and 9 rebounds.

Given the lack of information, I'm guessing Winston is a walk-on or invited walk-on, should it turn out to be real.

—————————————

ShanTaughtHer -- Shannon Winston

I went to Tjc to get my basics out the way, & I got a call from Witchita State to come 2nd semester and play bball. So my parents were saying I should stay in Austin 1st semester
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Was that last part a Tweet on Twitter?

Comment

Yes. That's what one looks like. ;)
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
      X