No announcement yet.

Jamarius Burton 6'5 G 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind if of like this disrespectful BS. Wasn't quite sure that we seemed to have the usual chip on the shoulder attitude this last year as we have had in the past. So the more of this crap these writers and fan bases can deliver the better. We have really big bulletin board.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/...rd-not-a-need/

Butler writer now insulting Burton for even considering Wichita State ... saying it shows a lack of maturity and intellect ... class ...
      Butler is a small, private and academically-challenging institution, whose graduation rates within the men’s basketball program dwarf those of the Shockers.

If a player is considering those two specific schools then more than likely he is making his decision primarily (if not entirely) from a purely athletic perspective. That doesn’t show a high degree of maturity or intellect on the part of the young person.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        So many weird things in that article. Strange that individual has a job. He also pretty much calls the Butler coach an idiot.

I hope Burton reads that article. Would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I were him.

Comment

The writer must be a KU grad wearing a sweater vest whilst living and working in the mecca that is Fort Wayne.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

What does a sports writer (or readers) in Fort Wayne care so much about Butler? Their home school is IUPUFW (I know they prefer IPFW, but I like the other better). Or write about Purdue or Indiana or even Notre Dame (which is closer to them than Butler). Nevertheless, that was not an "article", it was an editorial.

Comment

Ooey Pooey Kung Fwooey Youee.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/...rd-not-a-need/

Butler writer now insulting Burton for even considering Wichita State ... saying it shows a lack of maturity and intellect ... class ...
            This is a pretty typical Tom Davis piece, unfortunately. I like that he is willing to question coaches and their decisions, but he has a history of doing it in such a disrespectful and sometimes offensive way that he has established a very negative reputation among most people in Indiana outside of Butler fans (which really aren't a big percentage of those in the state). During my time at Valpo (which coincided with Butler leaving the Horizon League) he was always very condescending and disrespectful towards the Valpo program (which ironically has beaten his Bulldogs in each of their last 4 meetings)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post

This is a pretty typical Tom Davis
              Tom Davis was a pretty good basketball coach too. I didn't know he went into journalism.

Comment

After all this, I am ready for a WSU and Butler H/H series and the Shox can beat their A$$es with the players the Bulldogs “wanted” but didn’t “need”

I’m all aboard the the Burton train now. Come to WSU and the Shocker program can show you how the “Play Angry Way” will get you ready for professional basketball, and life after it.
                The Assman

Comment

I rooted hard for Butler in their back to back championship games. I'm almost regretting that decision. The pretentiousness reminds me of Creighton.

So help me God, if one of their fans says "Harvard of the Midwest..."
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't worry, RMS -- that name has already been appropriated by a smug and obnoxious fan base closer to home.

I think we get him! That hack who wrote the Butler piece really sent a bad vibe. Especially tagging this young man in a negative way. Even the Butler fans were put off by that article. 99.9% sure he will not sign with Butler. That leaves us as the leader to sign another fine quality basketball player and high character young man. Go Shocks!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    But, if he signs with the Shox, that is proof that he doesn't have the character required to play for Butler.

Burton is on his official visit to WSU on Tuesday and Wednesday and is expected to make his final decision by Friday.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Jean Louis and Alvarez an you aee set

Comment

I would prefer a Juco (or a Senior Transfer) and a Freshman at this point. At the top of my list are Jamarius Burton and either Ricky Torres or Tyler Cheese. We are already overweighted in the freshman class.

Was it a concidence that Jamariuss and Ricky were in town for visits this week at the same time? Probably, but hwo knows for sure.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 18, 2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Burton is planning on committing Friday. Since that announcement Butler has started going after a Memphis transfer and only has 1 scholarship left.

Comment

Working...
                        X