No announcement yet.

Tate Busse - preferred walk on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice article from Taylor about our newest Shocker. Welcome Tate to Shocker Nation!

Go Shocks!

Comment

Looks like he will be redshirting. That gives the coaching staff a year to evaluate him and he could end up on scholarship.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Despite the number of similarities, a second Baker is probably too much to hope for -- but Busse doesn't have to be Baker Jr. to be a really good college basketball player. I'm glad to hear he's planning to redshirt and develop physically, which may be a sign that he's more than just a future scout team guy.

Comment

If the guy can light it up, there may be an opportunity to play.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Despite the number of similarities, a second Baker is probably too much to hope for -- but Busse doesn't have to be Baker Jr. to be a really good college basketball player. I'm glad to hear he's planning to redshirt and develop physically, which may be a sign that he's more than just a future scout team guy.
            I like that HE wants to be Ron Baker. That's his aspiration, not some wishful thinking being projected on a random walk-on by fans. As you said, one can get halfway to Ron Baker and be an important player on a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I like that HE wants to be Ron Baker. That's his aspiration, not some wishful thinking being projected on a random walk-on by fans. As you said, one can get halfway to Ron Baker and be an important player on a good team.
              Defense is the key imo. Ron was a 5* defender and a 3-4* offensive player. For all Austin brings to the table, he lacks strength to be an elite defender. I would like to see Tate bring it defensively.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                ShockdaWorld commented
                Editing a comment
                I think Austin’s defense (while probably never RB good) will surprise people after he’s able to go through an entire offseason Rosenboom workout regimen without injury/health issues.

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree completely ShockdaWorld

This kid excites me.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Austin is a decent defender but Ron was Super strong and could fight through picks like no other. He was as good a defender (perhaps Top 10) as there was in college basketball. I don't think Kerry can work a miracle on Austin to get him to Ron's level. However, Austin will improve with strength and perhaps he good(not elite though) imho.

Comment

quickness
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Jeff Slater‏ @Coach_Slater42

Jeff Slater Retweeted Sports in Kansas

Love that we are highlighting a three sport athlete here! With all the summer demands, club ball, etc, its hard to find three sport athletes, not to mention ELITE three sport athletes. This is something that should be GLORIFIED and a major RECOGNITION is deserved.

Sports in Kansas @sportsinkansas
                    Tate Busse of St. Francis is a special athlete. After being all-state in football, 2A POY in basketball headed to Wichita State for PWO, he ran a 1:58.04 today in the 800 this early in the year, his first time running it this season. That's the #1 time in KS all-classes!
                    7:40 AM - 11 Apr 2018

Comment

• Walker
                      Walker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow that's incredible a kid in a 2A school has the fastest 800 time in all the classes to go along with his other accolades. Sounds like we really might have a walk-on with the potential to be a big time contributor and earn a scholarship.

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That time was earlier in the year. He ended finishing 2nd in 2A at this weeks State Championships at Cessna Stadium with a time of 2:00.18 which doesn't really dminish his athleticism in any way. By comparison WSU's current best middle distance runner, Jr. Zack Penrod, has a personal best of 1:52.36. So if basketball doesn't work out for Tate (although I think it will) Coach Rainbolt would probably love to have him on his squad. Maybe turn hin into a decathlete.

3G mentioned in his interview with Will Kunkle that he would out to Cessna Stadium to watch Tate run the 4x400.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2018, 04:07 PM.

• Walker
                      Walker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh heck yeah, Coach Rainbolt could really do something with his athleticism if he ever decided to go that route. Not saying he's the next RB, but it's cool to see the similarities, and really cool that is the player he's trying to model himself after. I always thought that was one of the things that made Ron special and excel at WSU was the fact that he was a multi-sport star in high school. You could always see the quarterback in him with his leadership and always see the defensive back in him with the way he played defense.

Track in Kansas‏ @TrackInKansas STATE CHAMPIONS 2A Boys 4x400m Relay — ST. FRANCIS (Raby, Dinkel, Busse, Hackler) with a time of 3:26.59

5:33 PM - 26 May 2018 from Wichita, KS
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I think this kid will be a player and on scholarship by his second year here

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                          Agree!
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I meant to write... When can know about this decision for Allen

Comment

Working...
                            X