Justin Coleman 5'10 PG Grad-Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Coleman 5'10 PG Grad-Transfer

Spent two seasons at Alabama and last season at Samford. Will graduate and be eligibile immediately.

ESPN stats: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...justin-coleman

Interesting stats

Comment

This is a grad transfer I could get on board with.

Comment

Was a top 80 recruit coming out of high school. Wouldnt mind this and a freshman PG
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          Was a top 80 recruit coming out of high school. Wouldnt mind this and a freshman PG
          Find his sophomore stats at Alabama "interesting". Played all their games averaging 26.2 mpg. Had 8 games where he scored 14-24 points, 13 games 0-3 points, .300 FG%, .272 3p% (60% of total shots), and 1.65 A/TO.

As to his Samford stats, did he mature/just get better or was it the level of competition? Biggest plus -- he has played at the highest level and should be more ready to play PG day 1 than any of the others we're looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Find his sophomore stats at Alabama "interesting". Played all their games averaging 26.2 mpg. Had 8 games where he scored 14-24 points, 13 games 0-3 points, .300 FG%, .272 3p% (60% of total shots), and 1.65 A/TO.

As to his Samford stats, did he mature/just get better or was it the level of competition? Biggest plus -- he has played at the highest level and should be more ready to play PG day 1 than any of the others we're looking at.
            Sure don't like his 43% FG. His A/TO ratio is getting better, but is that the competition?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Sure don't like his 43% FG. His A/TO ratio is getting better, but is that the competition?
              His vs Tier A stats aren't bad. He could've stat padded in garbage time when his team was getting blown out. It would require a little more legwork to find out if that was the case.

vs Tier A
              Coleman: 27.5 ARate, 16.9 TORate
              Shamet: 32 ARate, 17.4 TORate

Samford had 5 Tier A games vs 8 for Wichita State

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post

His vs Tier A stats aren't bad. He could've stat padded in garbage time when his team was getting blown out. It would require a little more legwork to find out if that was the case.

vs Tier A
                Coleman: 27.5 ARate, 16.9 TORate
                Shamet: 32 ARate, 17.4 TORate

Samford had 5 Tier A games vs 8 for Wichita State
                Coaches should easily tell this. He is an intriguing prospect.

Comment

Realistically only 7-8 players get significant playing time... The other 5-6 are chomping at the bit... redshirt... Sitting out... Not fitting or not ready.

My guess...Landry McDuffie Reaves Miitgard Stevenson Udeze (point guard to be) maybe Moore/Chandler

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                    Realistically only 7-8 players get significant playing time... The other 5-6 are chomping at the bit... redshirt... Sitting out... Not fitting or not ready.

My guess...Landry McDuffie Reaves Miitgard Stevenson Udeze (point guard to be) maybe Moore/Chandler
                    No CJ or Rod Brown? CJ May be first off the bench next year.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                      ShockdaWorld commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And Rod may be second.

I apologise...Rod Brown should be in the mix with Moore/Chandler... But IMO... Keyser might be.... Well y'all know

Comment

If CJ continues on the trajectory he ended the year on, I think he could split time at the 2 and 3 and average 15-18 mpg. But given how he started the year, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X