Akeem Springs to Northern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akeem Springs to Northern Illinois

I can't say it's sure WSU is recruiting Akeem Springs, but I'd be surprised if they are not. He is a 6-3 SG at Waukegan H.S., Illinois. Coach Ford was vital in obtaining a verbal to Tennessee State from Akeem. He later decommitted.

Indiana State and Ball State have offered. He had interest from SIU and Missouri State and looks from Purdue, Wisconsin and Northwestern.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
    In the fast lane

"Akeem Springs was also outstanding for the Rising Stars Gold in the NLP game and had a stellar weekend. He may arguably be the one Illinois Class of 2012 prospect that has improved the most from last season to this point. Springs has very strong legs and great elevation on his jump shot, and his consistency and range have improved immensely. In addition, he is very athletic and attacks the basket, and his open floor ball-handling has improved as well. Springs needs to be more consistent defensively and improve his shot selection at times, but in our opinion he is a solid mid-major player. He de-committed from Tennessee State after committing to them very early in his junior year."

Explore additional information and resources on Home page to enhance your understanding of Illinois high school basketball. From comprehensive coverage of events to recruiting news and player analysis, find everything you need to stay informed and engaged with the sport.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Apparently Springs is one of the best, very smart basketball players:

srchoopsSean Connor

In 2nd round of games @ All-American Academic Showcase @ Joy of the Game-last game starts 830. JOG 2012 guard Akeem Springs best player here
      In the fast lane

Comment

found a highlight of him online

Comment

prepbullseyeRoy Schmidt

Per Brian Davis of the Rising Stars, 6'3 2012 CG Akeem Springs from Waukegan HS has received offers from Wisc.-Green Bay & Boston Univ.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Just posted by Illinois Prep Bullseye, Springs "offered by Boston University and Wisconsin-Green Bay with Yale and Stanford also being among the schools showing a high level of interest."

Looks like the reported offers from Indiana State and Ball State are questionable, as is Shocker interest.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Offered by Yale.
              In the fast lane

Comment

To Northern Illinois
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  To Northern Illinois
                  Huh? Offered by Yale and chose Northern Illinois (the real NIU)? If Yale really did make him an offer, something odd must have happened between last October and now, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Huh? Offered by Yale and chose Northern Illinois (the real NIU)? If Yale really did make him an offer, something odd must have happened between last October and now, don't you think?
                    Financial considerations may be at play here. Ivy schools aren't cheap and athletes don't get a free ride.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Years ago, my friend was offered a spot on the baseball, basketball, or football team at Harvard, but chose the free ride at KU. He was a 4.0 at KU, but he didn't need the Harvard education to become a Pharmacist.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Years ago, my friend was offered a spot on the baseball, basketball, or football team at Harvard, but chose the free ride at KU. He was a 4.0 at KU, but he didn't need the Harvard education to become a Pharmacist.
                        So sad he could have been CEO of a drug company
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                        X