Jordan Callahan - Committed to Tulane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Callahan - Committed to Tulane

5'11" 165 PG. Roswell (GA) Blessed Trinity. AAU - Georgia Stars. Class of '08

Looks from UAB, Mercer and Wichita State.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Don't know anything about him...but they sure make great brake pads!
    Jocks & Jills
    3236 N. Rock Rd
    Wichita, KS 67226
    316-260-9800
    http://www.jocks-jills.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Originally posted by J&J-Ryan
      Don't know anything about him...but they sure make great brake pads!
      tommy like wingy

Comment

Callahan was listed in a Rival's article as a '09 recruit. After research, I'm sure he's in the class of '08. He was playing with the Star's 16U team this summer so he is younger than many in his class. I can't find stats for him this year, but his team was off to an 11-0 start and Maxpreps rank's them as the #9 team in Georgia. He appeared to be their best player on last year's 21-6 team. If we are interested in signing a quick, pure HS point guard this Spring, he is one to watch.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Today's Rival's article says Callahan is being looked at by Wichita State and UAB.
          In the fast lane

Comment

A week ago, Callhan's team was 21-0. One of the wins was on Dunwoody's home court and was their first home lost in over two years. Dunwoody is led by Delwan Graham (LSU), Chris Singleton (FSU), and Peirre Jordan (FSU). WSU had interest in Graham and Jordan.

JCali's interest continues to be in WSU, UAB and Mercer. Tennessee Tech is now also in the mix. IMO, he is a PG that fits with what our staff wants and I believe he is a top target for a HS point guard.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Here is Rivals on him with a pic:

Here is a 7 minute video of him (#5 in blue uni, #1 in white uni)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

He seems versitile, and has all the attributes of a good guard.

Comment

Standard highlight video caveat applies.

But I like his decision making in traffic. Seems to have pretty good court sense. Well-rounded game so he's a "do everything" point guard.

He reminds me of the two small guards at Illinois State, Richardson and Johnson, only not as quick.

Comment

The thing that really stood out to me that I really like was the fact he really likes to use the midrange jumper. he handles the transition well by pulling up at about the free throw line and dishing or taking that jumper thats really hard to defend because the defenders momentum usually is to much to overcome to defend that shot.

Comment

That mid-range jumper off the bounce is very nice, and without knowing his 3pt %, he seems comfortable out there.

Somebody tell Tyrone to watch the crossover at 6:54 that's puts the defender on his butt.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Shizzle...who do you think taught him that crossover? It's like the Jimmy Dolan shake and bake, I'd recognize it anywhere!!

Comment

March 22 update ...

Georgia Stars point guard Jordan Callahan, a class of 2008 prospect, has some big decisions to make. He is a fully qualified player coming off a great senior campaign. He also has the likes of UAB, Mercer, Wichita State, South Carolina, Stetson, Lipscomb and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in pursuit. But he also is considering a year at a prep school. Callahan has options and it's always good to have options.
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

It appears he'll be headed to Prep at New Hampton and will now be an '09 recruit.

I haven't found an article but Rivals now has him listed as attending New Hampton and his Georgia Stars AAU page shows him as an '09 recruit attending prep school.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Callahan has verballed to Tulane for '09. He will play this year at New Hampton Prep.

In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                            X