• Show
Clear All

• FVV is in da house!

Comment

• Yes!!!!

Comment

• Pictures???

Comment

• Saw him at Walmart with his family. I'm not into the "stalking freshmen while they shop for last minute college needs" kind of scene. Good looking family. Can't wait to see him on the floor....it's going to be a long 5 months.

Comment

• Go Fred from fans from Rockford

Go Get em Fred. Nose to grind stone now. Now exel like never before and show shocker land your fully operational battle station!

Comment

• Mr. Van Vleet,

You are either the smartest top-notch recruit we have signed in decades, or the luckiest, or some combination thereof. Loyalty to the team that recruited you from the very beginning, even if one of the guys recruiting you left, just paid off with a Final Four your freshman year. You have already made friendships and memories that will last a lifetime and you haven't even gotten started yet. How many of those Chicago area AAU guys that you jooked out of their shorts will end their collegiate career with a photo of them holding a Final Four trophy? A few will for sure, but not many my friend. Not many.

You did it right.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WSU notes: VanVleet’s devotion to training rubs off on teammates

I decided to move this to here where it will probably get more play.
                Last edited by 1979Shocker; September 14, 2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• I would like to know how MrcLove4 is doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I would like to know how MrcLove4 is doing.
                    +1
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrclove4 View Post
                      Hello.. I'm new to this board. But, I have to give you my take on fred van vleet. I'm from Rockford,IL played H.S Ball at Auburn 20+ years ago. I have seen and played the best guards in this part of IL for the last 30 years, van vleet is the best guard i have ever seen in these parts!! He is a true point guard. Very high b-ball I.Q, great ball handler and passer very unselfish player. He is wise beyond his years and always seems to be 2 steps a head of everybody. WSU fan should be very happy this is a steal for you! Van Vleet could play high D1. He is only about 6'0 but, he is a playmaker and will make everybody so much better. Just give him a year to get his feet wet, then watch out!!...:)
                      This was my very 1st post on FVV on this board. Notice the date. I have to pat myself on the back for this one!…LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrclove4 View Post
                        This was my very 1st post on FVV on this board. Notice the date. I have to pat myself on the back for this one!…LOL
                        I remember seeing some of his videos from high school and thought he is a very heady player that will make others around him very good!!! Had a good feeling about him having this type of success at Wichita St. Will not be at all surprised to see him play in the NBA. Reminds me of Steve Nash.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• With the 9th post on this thread, I'm very happy to say I was the first to jump full in on the FVV bandwagon.

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          VanVleet could be a solid 4 year player. Come on Dana, show him some tapes of the crowd and atmosphere at WSU. NIU doesn't even draw 2,000 fans. I think at least one game only had about 500.
                          Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          If true, this will more than make up for the eariler news regarding Walker. I've liked everything I've read about Van Vleet and he was my top choice.

:wsu_posters: :yahoo: :wsu_posters: :clap: :thewave:
                          What ever it was, I just felt this young man would be very special!!

Comment

• Read through all of these posts again and it looks like FVV has lived up to his expectations from his loyal followers here at WSU. So many times there is a learning curve and I'm glad he was able to be brought along at his own pace. Someone predicted a 100 win career and he is almost halfway there and its not even Feb in the 2nd year. Way to go FVV. You are everything and more that we could have hoped for.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Not even or own Tyrone Shoelace can handle the ball like FVV!!!!!!!
                              Ut oh. In @Tyrone Shoelace:'s absence @forevershockerfan: put down the gauntlet. Legend has it that FVV can untie a defender's shoelaces due to his wicked crossover. You got that Tyrone?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Watch out, Kung. In the NBA, guys get fined big bucks for untying opponents' shoelaces. Don't go giving him any bad ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X