No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Top 100 list from CBS Sports and Jeff Borzello for FVV. Congratulations

cbssports.com/collegebasketball/recruiting

Comment

• From Twitter

Fred VanVleet
      people really live & die by these rankings-I'm just gone keep it real-WHO GIVES A F@#$? you still gotta go & prove it every game!
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Radio interview with Fred: http://midwaymadness.com/2012/04/mid...ay-episode-10/

Interview starts at 1:47
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• This interview is epic.

Comment

• I like the swag, but Stutz gave us promises before of being the best team in Kansas, and I just don't want to get my hopes up, but this kid does have a lot of confidence, but I just hope the pressure doesn't get the best of him

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              This interview is epic.
              There is exactly ZERO chance Fred RS's. Let's please put that notion to bed. He is here to win it!

The next photo opp of Bruce Weber, I want to see the tire marks that Greyhound bus left on his back...lol

I'm glad you're a Shocker Freddy.

Comment

• That's a tough interview for a high school guy.

Question: What kind of a point guard is he?

Answer: "I wouldn't categorize myself as anything - except a winner".
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  That's a tough interview for a high school guy.

Question: What kind of a point guard is he?

Answer: "I wouldn't categorize myself as anything - except a winner".
                  Have to say that the interviewer as well as Fred did a great job. The only slip up I could really have any beef with the interviewer on was when he said "wichita shockers" but I mean that's just kind of ticky tacky to really beef on. He talked up WSU really well, seemed like he did a great job of research or he had followed us for a bit of last season. I enjoyed his remarks that we're on the cusp of being a perennial tournament team, on the level of Gonzaga. I'd really like to see that be a reality. I don't see why we can't and shouldn't be with the way this team is recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    Have to say that the interviewer as well as Fred did a great job. The only slip up I could really have any beef with the interviewer on was when he said "wichita shockers" but I mean that's just kind of ticky tacky to really beef on. He talked up WSU really well, seemed like he did a great job of research or he had followed us for a bit of last season. I enjoyed his remarks that we're on the cusp of being a perennial tournament team, on the level of Gonzaga. I'd really like to see that be a reality. I don't see why we can't and shouldn't be with the way this team is recruiting.
                    Every year, it seems that Gonzaga has a very good to excellent five man. If Coach Marshall can be as successful, then I will be so happy. And this forum will be happy.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• From a Q and A with ESPN's Dave Telep:

"Q. Which recruits headed to "mid-majors" do you see having the biggest impact next year?

"Telep: Two guys: Mo Watson at Boston U. and Fred Van Vleet at Wichita State. Mo because he's the best guard coming into the league and they need him. Fred because Wichita State was gutted by graduation and they stole this dude from under the Big Ten's noses. I'd be SHOCKED if those guys didn't have serious freshman seasons."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                        From a Q and A with ESPN's Dave Telep:

"Q. Which recruits headed to "mid-majors" do you see having the biggest impact next year?

"Telep: Two guys: Mo Watson at Boston U. and Fred Van Vleet at Wichita State. Mo because he's the best guard coming into the league and they need him. Fred because Wichita State was gutted by graduation and they stole this dude from under the Big Ten's noses. I'd be SHOCKED if those guys didn't have serious freshman seasons."
                        And we will not be shocked if FVV becomes our all time leader in assists at WSU. We have Early and company that can score the rock next Season when fed the ball in opportune spots. It has been said "games in Div. 1 are later won when the recruit gems are brought in during the recruiting periods. " We have a Class of recruits coming in to remember.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Gutted? Seriously?
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Gutted? Seriously?
                            The more people that believe that, the more "under the radar" we fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Gutted? Seriously?
                              My thoughts exactly. However, the problem is if you are not very familiar with WSU's program, that would be the logical assumption. How many non-perennial top 25 teams are going to have 3 non-scholarship red shirts like Armstead, Mitchell, and Baker in the wings to be added to existing Williams and Cotton. Gutted? Ummm...NO! Not even at PG. Now you add new recruits Wiggins and FVV.

Comment

• You look at 10 seniors graduating in 2 years and that is gutting. No matter what comes next.

Comment

Working...
                                X