Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Love_Wu View Post
    I've noticed that when you check out the Shockers page on ESPN, it seems Fred's rating has gone up. Last I remember, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, his rating was at 89 matching Mr. Hawkins. Now our page states Fred is rated at 92, but when you click on Fred's name, he scores out 91. Just a slight bummer at first to me, but then I checked the 2012 ESPNU Top 50 Point Guards list and Fred is ranked the 17th best point guard in the nation, right behind the first 4 star on the list, Maurice Watson at a rating of 92.

Quick link to Shocker home page

Beat me to it buddy... I was just gonna mention that. If you believe the ranking system, there is very little difference between the 9th and 17th pg in the country.

Comment

• 92-93: High-major minus prospect
      Player has the potential to significantly contribute to a high-major program over four years.
      Boom.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Every time ESPN’s updated rankings come out for high school basketball players, my phone -- like that of my ESPN Recruiting Nation colleagues -- begins to ring relentlessly with calls from every level of person involved in the recruiting process.

Nice article on Fred!!! He's on the cusp of ESNPU Top 100 recruits.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Fred Van Vleet (Rockford, Ill./Auburn)
          PG, 5-11, 175 pounds
          College: Wichita State
          Good things are in store for the Shockers as Van Vleet is a true point guard who brings excellent ballhandling, passing skills and court vision to the MVC.

Comment

• I would expect Brauer level freshman minutes for Fred. Not too shabby. DWill is better in Marshall's system than AdLib in Turgeon's.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Fred only had 7points in an 82-44 victory last night. Considering Auburn was ahead 24-2 at the end of the first quarter and 49-19 at halftime, I suspect his minutes were limited.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Ugly.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Ricardo ... I have to disagree with your Thomas Jefferson quote about games played with the ball. Games played with the ball develop a lot of character, even for the mind.

Comment

• FVV

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Fred only had 7points in an 82-44 victory last night. Considering Auburn was ahead 24-2 at the end of the
                    first quarter and 49-19 at halftime, I suspect his minutes were limited.
                    Yes... I was at FVV game. It was a blow out from the start. Fred just dished all night let his teammates have the glory. I think he did not even play that much in the 4Q.. FVV's team(auburn) does have a big week ahead. On friday they play Rockford jefferson they should blow them out. But, on saturaday they play at home vs hononegah this is the team that beat auburn early in the year. This will be a big game here, place will be packed. This game will most likely decide the conference championship....

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                      Ricardo ... I have to disagree with your Thomas Jefferson quote about games played with the ball. Games played with the ball develop a lot of character, even for the mind.
                      I did not mean to convey the notion that I agree with the quote because I do not.

My purpose of posting the quote about ball play was to amuse readers. If President Jefferson saw NFL football today, he would be horrified.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        If President Jefferson saw NFL football today, he would be horrified.
                        He would like the cheerleaders, though!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                          He would like the cheerleaders, though!
                          Probably, if they were shorter than 5'3" ...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrclove4 View Post
                            Yes... I was at FVV game. It was a blow out from the start. Fred just dished all night let his teammates have the glory. I think he did not even play that much in the 4Q.. FVV's team(auburn) does have a big week ahead. On friday they play Rockford jefferson they should blow them out. But, on saturaday they play at home vs hononegah this is the team that beat auburn early in the year. This will be a big game here, place will be packed. This game will most likely decide the conference championship....
                            How many assists did he have?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• FVV

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              How many assists did he have?
                              I don't know how many dimes fred had that night. But, I do know that in his first 12 games this season he had 244 pts, 85 assists, and 57 steals with 77 rebs....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrclove4 View Post
                                I don't know how many dimes fred had that night. But, I do know that in his first 12 games this season he had 244 pts, 85 assists, and 57 steals with 77 rebs....
                                Mr. Clove, you are not funnin' me are you?

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X