Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Guffrovich was a great shooter. I don't see the similarities in the two.
    Today, we have the benefit of film. Reading about Guff back then, he was fighting double/triple teams, scoring 25-30 ppg and handing out assists. Tell me how that sounds different, please. Just sayin' I am excited now just as I was then (and I subscribed to the local paper for the season just to read about him.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I love all this new information on Freddie Van Vleet.

When did he change his name to Guffrovich???

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Today, we have the benefit of film. Reading about Guff back then, he was fighting double/triple teams, scoring 25-30 ppg and handing out assists. Tell me how that sounds different, please. Just sayin' I am excited now just as I was then (and I subscribed to the local paper for the season just to read about him.
        You're right. Guffrovich was not a pure point guard. FVV is. Guffrovich was a great outside shooter. While he may have been solid at other phases of the game, passing, driving to the basket, and handling the ball weren't his strengths.

Comment

• I have visions of VanVleet being a lot like Angel Rodriquez. I think VanVleet will be too good to keep off the court.

Comment

• I'm confused. Seems like all (most?) of the people posting here got their degree. I know we all love WSU. We have a lot in common.

However, I'm befuddled about how this thread has been hijacked.

First of all, the topic is "Wichita State Recruiting". Are we recruiting Cheese Johnson? Aubrey Sherrod? Matt Brauer? Paul Guffrovich?

If the answer to any of the above questions is 'yes', then perhaps we can convince the moderator to start threads right here in the recruiting section for these prospective athletes.

If not, my suggestion is that you are making the people who want to show Mr. VanVleet a little love or even follow how he is doing a disservice by allowing this thread to get hijacked with all matter of garbage that does not have any correlation to Mr. VanVleet's performance, coaches and recruiters evaluations, projected performance as a shocker.

If I were Fred and I came over here to look at my thread, I would wonder whether the fans of WSU want to live in the past or look to the future. I would also feel slighted. Where are the pages of posts comparing Deonte Hawkins and Derail Green to Kelly Peete or Karl Papke? Were are the pages comparing Cleananthony Early to Antoine Carr, Cliff Levingston, Dave Stallworth and Warren Armstrong? Where are the posts comparing great shocker centers of the past like Mo Elmore and Paul Miller to Henry Uwadwie?

I'm also wondering where the moderators are here. Several people have complained about this thread being hijacked. Will they please take some of these comments and move them elsewhere (perhaps in the "Greatest Guards who played at WSU" in another section (perhaps Wichita State Basketball) instead of recruiting?

I come here to find out how our recruits are doing because I do not have much access to anything outside the Eagle online. I want to look forward to our future and be polite and respectful to our potential recruits by keeping the thread focused on their successes and not Shocker teams of the past.

Thanks for letting me post my opinion here.

Comment

• I am with him on this., Everytime we think we are going to see something on a recruit we see all this other garbage

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock View Post
                I am with him on this., Everytime we think we are going to see something on a recruit we see all this other garbage
                First, this board is about our own thoughts and opinions and to discuss, in this instance, Fred VanVleet. Part of that is reporting his statistics in high school; part is viewing his highlight film; part is discussing his abilities. It is the latter which makes comparisons to other players, Shocker or otherwise, useful. To me, to say that a comparison to another player is out of bounds is like saying, "keep your opinion to yourself." But this is supposed to be a board of opinion about the Shockers and its players.

There is a line that needs to be drawn, but it should be drawn to dissuade, or eliminate if possible, the constant bickering between what someone thinks is appropriate and what someone else does in inappropriate. That would reduce the board content by half and make reading muchmore enteertaining and enlightening.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I, for one, am just thankful that we have folks like Trop and others that are willing to share all the info they have on these recruits. IMO, it is far worse to post on a topic that it was a waste of your time to view it, than it is to post a comparison to another player. Threads constantly go off topic and moaning about it multiple times does nothing. I've said my part and will now attempt to try and stay on topic.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• I give Fred a chance to be the best ever PG at WSU. Of the videos I seen of him compared to what I've seen of other PGs we have recruited in the past 5 years or so, he's in a class by himself.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Here you go: relevant, current and complimentary of Fred:

Comment

• Nice article. Thanks for sharing. Let's hope that Fred's team overachieves......

Comment

• FVV scored 22 tonight in a 75-44 win over Proviso West.

Comment

• Nice start for FVV and team. "Fred Van Vleet led the Knights and all scorers with 22 points while adding nine rebounds, five assists, and five steals. Van Vleet hit 16-of-20 free throw attempts in the contest."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              "Fred Van Vleet led the Knights and all scorers with 22 points while adding nine rebounds, five assists, and five steals."
                              The 9 boards are crazy for a point guard and the 5 steals tell me his athleticism or defensive ability is higher than some give him credit for.

That is a smokin' line.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• I'm from rockford i used to go to auburn its right down the street from my house.....i'll try to record video of his home games on my digital cam for yall the rest of the way Ive met the kid and marcus posley is my cousin. Here's a video that i think he or someone from auburn posted on youtube of him dunking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXbjO...&feature=share

Comment

Working...
                                X