Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This I like!!

Vanvleet may not be the tallest guy but his demeanor and his determination to run a team is what makes him so good. Everyone knows that he is underrated but his goal is to go out every game a leave a good impression on someone. "I mean that kid is good, he was a perfect match up for me, he showed me a few things and he gets the job done." Said Yogi Ferrell, considered to be the #1 point guard in America by ESPN.

Comment

• He sure sounds like he has the potential to be the best point guard that the Shockers have ever had. I am excited about him, and the rest of the recruiting class for next year. He will have some good teammates to play with, and hopefully we can make some noise in the Big Dance.

Comment

• speaking of point guards, I'd be interested in seeing everyone's opinions of the top 5 point guards of all time at WSU.

Comment

• I'm getting a little giddy, and trying to control my expectations....

BUT.... I keep thinking about our backcourt in 2014-2015 and 2015-2016. PG VanVleet, SG Baker, SF Hawkins.

Comment

• :cool:
            Originally posted by Dan View Post
            speaking of point guards, I'd be interested in seeing everyone's opinions of the top 5 point guards of all time at WSU.
            Cal Bruton!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Bruton

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              I'm getting a little giddy, and trying to control my expectations....

BUT.... I keep thinking about our backcourt in 2014-2015 and 2015-2016. PG VanVleet, SG Baker, SF Hawkins.
              And depth. Wessel and Cotton. Oshon West perhaps?...

No matter, I like the direction the program is headed.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                KC Hunt!

“K.C., who ended his collegiate career as Division I Wichita State's all-time assists leader, followed his father into coaching, but it was a brief stop.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Not really a point guard but Warren (Armstrong) Jabali was the best passer to ever play at WSU. Not sure what you classify Warren as. I guess you simply label him a freak.

Ernie Moore, Lanny VanEman, Greg Carney, Cal Bruton and Clevin Hannah come to mind at the point.

Also worthy of consideration Tony Martin, Robert George and Preston Carrington.

I think all these guys played the point although I may be mis-remembering some of them.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 13, 2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    speaking of point guards, I'd be interested in seeing everyone's opinions of the top 5 point guards of all time at WSU.
                    Always a good off-season discussion!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Add to the list:

<-------------------------------
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• He would not make any top 5 lists but someone I always thought did a solid "team first" job was James Gibbs. All those stars around him and all he did was try and keep everyone happy.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Kelly Pete.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• These "Fav PG" posts should be moved to their own thread...

No need to pollute our new PG's thread.

I look forward to seeing where FVV ends up amongst that list though.

Comment

• Bobby Wilson played several years in the NBA

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                Kelly Pete.
                                I never knew of Kelly playing the point on any regular basis. He normally played the 2 along side of PG's such as Ernie Moore, Leonard Kelly, John Chris and Lillard Harris.

Comment

Working...
                                X