No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FVV's quote and Cleanthony talking about his asperations gives me unhealthy man-crushes! I'm just smiling...
    Livin the dream

Comment

• They were talking back and forth on Twitter last night. Even better!

Comment

• Has anyone seen a photo of his signing? I know wuzee found one for Mr. Green but I haven't seen anything on Fred.

Comment

• Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Really nice find, @wusphlash:!

There's a lot of good quotes by others in the article, but I loved this quote by FVV: “A good crossover is fun every once in a while, but when you make a good pass, you look good, your teammates look good, the defense looks bad, and they can’t just focus on one guy,” Van Vleet said.

Comment

• Nice find.

Comment

• A couple more fun quotes:

"I heard a story about his days in (grade school) basketball where his team scored 40 points and he had 38 of them.”

Van Vleet smiled when asked if that story is true.

“No. We scored 38 points and I had all 38,” he said. “A couple of my teammates from back then are still playing.”

“With the way the game is going, back toward small guards, I think Fred can play in the NBA.”
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Fred scored 24 points in their game last night

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Really nice find, @wusphlash:!

There's a lot of good quotes by others in the article, but I loved this quote by FVV: “A good crossover is fun every once in a while, but when you make a good pass, you look good, your teammates look good, the defense looks bad, and they can’t just focus on one guy,” Van Vleet said.
                    Still to be proven, but imagine a backcourt of Fred VanVleet and Tekele Cotton. Good decisions, basketball IQ. Two moves ahead of everyone else. I'mahopin.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Lets not forget about Ron Baker and Evan Wessel! Should be a fun backcourt!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• I found this article that mentioned WSU's recruiting class. They ranked WSU number 6 of those outside the BCS.

I'll put it here since they mention Freddie. They also mention Cleanthony Early

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                          I found this article that mentioned WSU's recruiting class. They ranked WSU number 6 of those outside the BCS.

I'll put it here since they mention Freddie. They also mention Cleanthony Early

http://jucojunction.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1301850
                          If you click on Wichita State in that list, it shows the Shox with 3 THREE STAR recruits on one year. Man, it sure is tough to recruit "at this level"....
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• WSU has three of the nine 3 star players committed to the Valley next year. In addition to Early, Hawkins, and VanVleet, Bradley signed 6-1 PG Ka'Darryl Bell of Illinois and Creighton signed 6-1 SG Isaiah Zierden of Minnesota. Missouri State signed Wichita's own Gavin Thurman and 6-2 SG Marcus Marshall out of Minnesota. Illinois State nabbed a pair of 6-1 PGs from Illinois as well. Really a stellar MVC recruiting class this fall!
                            Last edited by wufan; December 9, 2011, 06:08 PM. Reason: I was incorrect in my original assessment of 3* recruits
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Fred is averaging 31.5 points per game

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock View Post
                                Fred is averaging 31.5 points per game
                                Not bad for a pass first point guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X