Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Not sure who else would start at the 2.
    RON BAKER! The kid continues to impress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Have any Shockernetters seen FVV play in person?
      No but I can see from the video that he is the leader that his players always look to. I think that Williams did an admirable job during the NIT of backing up the point and he may even improve this year but I don't think that his primary position is a point guard just as I don't think that PG is Murry's primary position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Have any Shockernetters seen FVV play in person?
        Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          Yes.
          Share!! Give us the low down, Downtown Shocka Brown! It's one thing to watch highlight reels but what is his game-time presence like?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• From Fred:

"I have came a long way. Once considered as just a young small point guard, who was doubted to becoming a strong young man. I love basketball but there's a point in your life where you realize that no matter what you do in the future be the best and if im going to play this game thats what im going have to do. Coach Doc has always believed in me and im very thankful. I love everyone that has made an impact on my life. Im blessed and I hope im a influence to some of you out there. I will be signing to Wichita State this week and I love the school, the coaches and the fans. Thank you guys for being there throughout my high school career but its not over yet. I have one more thing to accomplish before I leave you guys and thats a State Title."
            I love this kid!
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Could you link us to that awesome quote? I'd like to read the article that it was taken from, and also tweet it out.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• It's from his facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/FredVV23
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Thanks @wu_shizzle: much obliged.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Kids a pure winner! Welcome to WSU!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Kids a pure winner! Welcome to WSU!
                      Can't wait to see him in a Shocker uni. I really can't wait until 3G can start talking about FVV and others.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Article from Fred's hometown paper about his signing:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Article from Fred's hometown paper about his signing:

http://www.rrstar.com/sports/x143948...ters-of-intent
                          Wow, most coaches only dream about having a player with this kind of attitude. Welcome Mr. VV!

"Van Vleet just started his senior season on Monday, which was the first day boys basketball teams were allowed to hold practice. He said he doesn’t yet know if his career will be at point guard for Wichita State.

“They can’t promise me anything,” he said. “I’m just going to go in there and work hard and give them no choice but to start me. That’s how I look at it.

“I’ll be whatever they tell me to be. I’m just going to go in there and do what the coach says. If they need me to lay towels on the bench, that’s what I’m going to do. But hopefully I’ll be on the court.”"
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Somebody needs to put his picture beside the word "coachable" at Wikipedia.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              “I’ll be whatever they tell me to be. I’m just going to go in there and do what the coach says. If they need me to lay towels on the bench, that’s what I’m going to do. But hopefully I’ll be on the court.”"

All we'll need him to do extra is help pick up all the jockstraps laying all over the court after he JOOOKS people out of 'em!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Wow, most coaches only dream about having a player with this kind of attitude. Welcome Mr. VV!

"Van Vleet just started his senior season on Monday, which was the first day boys basketball teams were allowed to hold practice. He said he doesn’t yet know if his career will be at point guard for Wichita State.

“They can’t promise me anything,” he said. “I’m just going to go in there and work hard and give them no choice but to start me. That’s how I look at it.

We've all seen his talent in outplaying some of the best high school guards in the country all summer, but this is an even bigger reason why this kid is going to be a success (at basketball and anything else for that matter).
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X