Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers
    Someone leaves virtually every season. Count on it.
    Yup. When was the last year we didn't have a scholarship player leave? And before that?

I don't know the answer, but I would not be surprised if we've only had 2-3 years in the last 10 where we didn't have a player leave. And it seems to be getting more common each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
      Originally posted by another shocker
      FVV isn't misrepresenting Illinois at all, from what I've seen.

Kemba Walker would have been the comparison I would have made.. you know, a pure OD PG.
      No body said anything about "misrepresenting Illinois," and to be quite honest, I don't know what that means.

As to Kemba, why not Allen Iverson? There are several players (even smallish PGs) that are highly rated in HS and DO leave for the NBA early. That was not my point. My point was that alot of small PGs that are HS AAs and collegiate AAs, don't leave early. Since FVV is not a HS AA, his chances are even more slim.
      C'mon, wufan. You just said Illinois talent was down this year (from what you heard). From what I saw, and what I heard, FVV is as good as any PG in the country. IF this Illinois class doesn't REPRESENT the state of Illinois basketball like other classes (which is, being customarily highly rated) don't bring FVV down with it too. Pretty simple (you alluded to it earlier yourself).

Sherron Collins. :roll:

Comment

• Nobody was bringing FVV down because Illinois was down. Somebody asked how the number 1 PG in Illinois wasn't ranked. That's the reason. Doesn't mean FVV isn't worthy of being ranked, but he's not quite the typical/expected top PG there. Had he played with an AAU team that got a lot of eyes on them, he'd be ranked. He doesn't and lacked views. That's another big reason.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
          Nobody was bringing FVV down because Illinois was down. Somebody asked how the number 1 PG in Illinois wasn't ranked. That's the reason. Doesn't mean FVV isn't worthy of being ranked, but he's not quite the typical/expected top PG there. Had he played with an AAU team that got a lot of eyes on them, he'd be ranked. He doesn't and lacked views. That's another big reason.
          You peoples. Like he hasn't a;\lrteady proved himself the best PG i9n thr country. YOU KNOW HE OUTPLAYED VERYBODY IN THE COUNTRY WITH NO FLAKE ON IT. Son of a gun, WSU folks degrade him. I would almost say he should sign with somebody else .. do it . F*kt it. They cant appteciate it.

Sherron Collins? :roll:

Comment

• you need to delete your post before you get banned

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
              you need to delete your post before you get banned
              You have got to be kidding me. If I said that FVV is the best high school PG in the country, why would you doubt it? ITS A PROVEN FACT. -> Some WSU fans deny it, for whatever <-. And that will get me banned? Because that's exactly what he is? .. and he is. Don't get upset over that.

Comment

• you took out all the MF's. That's good.

Comment

• Huh?

"You peoples?"

Just curious, another -- assuming you were straight and sober at the time of your post that pin responded to, what's your first language?

Comment

• Another, We all know you have lots of love for FVV. We are all very excited he is coming to Wichita.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• I've been saying this all summer. I don't care where FVV is rated. A rating has never put a point on a scoreboard or broken down a defense.

I have another firm belief. Never rely on a Fr PG for anything. PG is probably more difficult than post play Post players generally have to work on strength and coordination. PG's have to work on setting up an offense. Learning how to do that usually takes a year.

Kenny Manigault was a borderline top-100 guy when he signed with WSU. Gal Mekel was all-Euro as a HS player.

Can we just let FVV be a surprisingly good recruit and let it go at that?
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Yes

Comment

• FVV will take his official visit here this weekend.

http://twitter.com/#!/cavwalsh/status/112183408481927168

Comment

• Anyone know how it went?
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• This tweet from him this weekend should tell you something:

"il sell my house& my husband to keep my season tickets!!!" this place is crazy!! #GoShox

Comment

• Van Vleet will be our star! :good:
                                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                                X