Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan
    Originally posted by Dan
    I think we'll have the luxury of a couple redshirts this year.
    Baker and Armstead will RS. Perhaps Cotton or Wessel as well.
    I would say at least one of those two will.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Armstead has to sit out one year due to transfer rules. He can't redshirt.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
        Armstead has to sit out one year due to transfer rules. He can't redshirt.
        This IS his redshirt year.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Armstead is very solid. I have seen him scrimmage thrice. Nice shot, fast, plays the D., and can penetrate. Along with FVV, we will be su-weet and ready to compete strong in 2012.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
            Originally posted by _kai_
            Armstead has to sit out one year due to transfer rules. He can't redshirt.
            This IS his redshirt year.
            Armstead will redshirt/sit-out. Baker has already stated publicly that he will redshirt/sit-out. One other freshman guard will likely redshirt/sit-out.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
              Armstead is very solid. I have seen him scrimmage thrice. Nice shot, fast, plays the D., and can penetrate. Along with FVV, we will be su-weet and ready to compete strong in 2012.
              Care to start a new thread about scrimmages and share your thoughts?
              Livin the dream

Comment

• From Fred on his last name:

edVanVleetFred VanVleet

@ShockerHoops lol it's not a big deal-the way I have it spelled here is fine VanVleet..I won't die if you spell it wrong
                In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
                  Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                  Armstead is very solid. I have seen him scrimmage thrice. Nice shot, fast, plays the D., and can penetrate. Along with FVV, we will be su-weet and ready to compete strong in 2012.
                  I agree with FSF.
                  Except the nice shot part. I watched him play twice, and his shot was never falling. In pickup he didn't shoot any midrange shots, but from 3 he was about 0-4 one game and 1-5 the next.
                  I like him alot though. Smart player and really gets the others involved. Constantly talking to his players. tough D. Long strong arms that his uses to strip the ball.
                  I've heard that he's one of the most mature personalities on the team as well. So that's never a bad thing.
                  veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                    Originally posted by wufan
                    Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                    I agree with FSF.
                    Except the nice shot part. I watched him play twice, and his shot was never falling. In pickup he didn't shoot any midrange shots, but from 3 he was about 0-4 one game and 1-5 the next.
                    I like him alot though. Smart player and really gets the others involved. Constantly talking to his players. tough D. Long strong arms that his uses to strip the ball.
                    I've heard that he's one of the most mature personalities on the team as well. So that's never a bad thing.
                    +1. He's already a vocal leader on this team (as is Carl Hall, from what I've seen).

Malcolm is not going to be a top three-point shooter over the course of the season. But he's streaky. That's borne out by his stat sheet from last year.

Here's his three-point shooting average runs in the regular season last year,

First six games: 2/15 (13.3%)
                    Next six games: 10/20 (50%)
                    Next seven games: 2/12 (16.7%)
                    Next two games: 3/6 (50%)
                    Next five games: 2/9 (22.2%)
                    Last six games: 7/18 (38.8%)

He went 5/12 in the post-season (41.7 %)

Regardless of whether his three-ball is falling -- dude's gonna score. He averaged 10.6 and 8.3 in two Pac-10 seasons. He'll be an option.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Rival's Eric Bossi's response to a poster saying Fred should be a lock for top 150:

"Saw him in the spring (not in July though) and thought he was a solid three-star. Not sure we can rank based off what we've seen.

Will be a very good player in the Missouri Valley."

I suggested Eric watch the reply of Fred's game against Baylor.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• ESPN Rumors has a write up about him saying how we found a hidden gem in VanVleet

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker
                          ESPN Rumors has a write up about him saying how we found a hidden gem in VanVleet

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...eatures/rumors
                          We should see an evaluation posted in their recruiting section soon, I would surmise.

Comment

• yeah, they should put him in the top 150 maybe top 100

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker
                              ESPN Rumors has a write up about him saying how we found a hidden gem in VanVleet

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...eatures/rumors
                              Can you give a synopsis of what that article said?

Comment

• Early last month, we wrote about Wichita State's long-term solution at point guard; due to the commitment of Fred VanVleet, a 2012 guard, it was assumed the Shockers had found a guard to pair with one-year transfer Malcolm Armstead. Then, after Armstead has exhausted his eligibility, Gregg Marshall and company could solely depend on VanVleet to carry the offense.

Based on reports circulating about the final days of the July recruiting period, the Shockers may have found a hidden gem of a player in VanVleet. The 5-foot-11 guard was one of the toughest players in the recent recruiting period to game-plan for and various AAU teams professed to trying -- and failing -- to slow down VanVleet.

Though Wichita State will have to wait one more season for VanVleet and Armstead to take the court, they should be able to depend on Joe Ragland to run one of the Missouri Valley's best offense (along with Creighton's offense) in 2012.

Comment

Working...
                                X