Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy . . . he'll slice you up.

Comment

• Fred said it was spelled VanVleet on twitter. No space, but uppercase both V's.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Freddie Vanvleet.. pronounced Vanfleet? Somebody get Suellentrop on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
          Fred said it was spelled VanVleet on twitter. No space, but uppercase both V's.
          OK, Trop. Being the author of this thread and that the pages will continue to pile up, lets get the spelling corrected on the title.

;-)

Comment

• This may already be posted here somewhere but it is a better read now:

nice quotes and pic
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

• From the article shoxilla linked:
              Beating high profile teams such as Indiana Elite, Mo-Kan Elite, Athletes First, Wisconsin Playground Elite, Meanstreets, Full Package, and others has given Pryme Tyme the confidence to never back down from a challenge. They love seeing their names in a pool with well-known teams, viewing every match-up as an opportunity to create a name for themselves.

“It’s the biggest unintentional advantage anyone could ever have,” explained Van Vleet. “People talk bad about you and ignore you. It’s motivation. At the same time, the other team is too loose. When we go out there and punch them in the mouth from the start, it’s hard for them to bounce back. It’s like the big bully picking on the little kid, but the bully doesn’t know the little kid can fight.”
              I love that attitude.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                From the article shoxilla linked:
                Beating high profile teams such as Indiana Elite, Mo-Kan Elite, Athletes First, Wisconsin Playground Elite, Meanstreets, Full Package, and others has given Pryme Tyme the confidence to never back down from a challenge. They love seeing their names in a pool with well-known teams, viewing every match-up as an opportunity to create a name for themselves.

“It’s the biggest unintentional advantage anyone could ever have,” explained Van Vleet. “People talk bad about you and ignore you. It’s motivation. At the same time, the other team is too loose. When we go out there and punch them in the mouth from the start, it’s hard for them to bounce back. It’s like the big bully picking on the little kid, but the bully doesn’t know the little kid can fight.”
                I love that attitude.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk
                  Originally posted by _kai_
                  Fred said it was spelled VanVleet on twitter. No space, but uppercase both V's.
                  OK, Trop. Being the author of this thread and that the pages will continue to pile up, lets get the spelling corrected on the title.

;-)
                  It shouldn't be too hard for him, Suellentrop, to do. VanFleet is all over the map now, and Suellentrop came out with the Egharevba phonetics PDQ. C'mon Shocker beat writer, let's hear it.

Comment

• Re: Interview video

Originally posted by blackandgold
                    http://mystateline.com/fulltext-sports?nxd_id=234856 This is an interesting video that I found. I had no idea that his father was murdered. I don't live that far from his home town. I will definitely check him out this year.
                    Now that video had it pronounced Vanvleet (no "F' sound).

Comment

• Watching the replay on ESPN3, this kid has serious game.

He's a man among boys and the furthest thing from a project.

I would be shocked if he isn't getting major minutes as a freshman.

The last play of the game, a home run pass for the dunk. Not the classiest thing to do, but absolutely an awesome way to go out. Aint mad atcha!
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Sounds like the only way he isn't playing significant minutes as a FR is if DWill, Cotton and/or someone else has stepped up and far exceeded expectations.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                          Sounds like the only way he isn't playing significant minutes as a FR is if DWill, Cotton and/or someone else has stepped up and far exceeded expectations.
                          Armstead starts, and if DWilliams doesn't have a 2/1 A/T ratio after this year, Fred's the 1st off the bench.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• I forgot all about Armstead. DWill and Cotton will still have opportunities and be more familiar with everything. DWill can play the 2 though and many feel he's better there. Cotton is an unknown at this point so it's hard to say much. FVV will have opportunities though to earn PT.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think we'll have the luxury of a couple redshirts this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan
                                I think we'll have the luxury of a couple redshirts this year.
                                Baker and Armstead will RS. Perhaps Cotton or Wessel as well.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X