Waverly Austin -- 2012 Juco Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waverly Austin -- 2012 Juco Center

WSU has offered Waverly Austin, a 6-10 230 lb. center from Palm Beach State College. Austin signed with South Florida out of Heat Basketball Academy in Fredricksburg, Va., where he was a 2-star recruit on Rivals, but he did not qualify.

He averaged 18.3 pts and 10.3 boards and shot 83 percent from the free throw line his freshman season at PBSC. He also blocked nearly 4 shots per game.

USF, Oklahoma and Wichita State have offered, with Texas, Oklahoma, Villanova, Mizzou, UAB, Arizona State, Providence, Cincinnati, Miami, Maryland following.

Oklahoma, Maryland, South Florida, Miami are his current favorites.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Is his middle name Ozell?
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

I don't know what that means I just like saying...Ozell.
      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
      - said no one ever...

Comment

Oklahoma recruiting him the hardest and he will visit them in the middle of this month.

The source for Junior College Basketball Recruiting News and Updates
        In the fast lane

Comment

Juco Recruiting twit:

Waverly Austin (6'11, 250) of Palm Beach State picked up an offer from Cincinatti yesterday.
          In the fast lane

Comment

According to JucoRecruiting, South Carolina is coming on strong and will have Austin in for an unofficial visit.
            In the fast lane

Comment

I don't think we were ever a serious part of his plans. Verbals to South Florida. Perhaps I'm not remembering right but I think KU became involved in his recruitment.

edit- Re-checking, KU was scheduled for a visit. He also had several other big named schools looking at him. However, South Flordia is who he commited to in high school before having to go juco. They remained on him and it payed off.
              In the fast lane

Comment

The young man must be independently wealthy if he can take an unofficial visit from California to South Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Cowboy
                  The young man must be independently wealthy if he can take an unofficial visit from California to South Carolina.
                  Palm Beach....not Palm Springs!

Comment

South Florida does not admit Austin. He will be will be at Oregon.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                    X