X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipola

@jeffborzello
    Jeff Borzello
    Hearing from a source that former NC State commit Joseph Uchebo will go the JuCo route next season and play at Chipola (Fla.).

That wouldn't suck. He is a qualifier isn't he? If so, that would mean he'd be available after one year. He sounds like a pretty good player that we wouldn't mind having at all.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

4-star, top 100, 6'9" 240.

Comment

I wouldn't count on him being a qualifier. I thought there was belief he would sign with another BCS school after his release from NCS. If you didin't know, he is a top 100 recruit.
        In the fast lane

Comment

if he is not a qualifier, does he need to ask for a release?

Comment

Non qualifiers must get their 2 year degree from the JUCO (with a 2.0 average I believe). Qualifiers can go D-1 at anytime.
            In the fast lane

Comment

I meant to ask, if he was not a qualifier, would he have had to ask NC St for his release? Wouldn't it just have been null?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                I meant to ask, if he was not a qualifier, would he have had to ask NC St for his release? Wouldn't it just have been null?
                At the time he was probably operating as though he would qualify. So maybe his grades finally came in (after asking for a release) and became apparent that juco was his only option.

Comment

Dave Telep is acting like Uchebo is still available although planning to go juco. That indicates to me he is expected to qualify. I'm however at loss on why he wants to go juco if he qualifies.

Maybe WSU is placing him there figuring he would not get playing time next year LOL. That is a joke folks.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Uchebo is not expected to qualify.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                    X