Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benny Parker, PG 2012

Benny Parker KC Sumner Academy 5-10 junior

Dubbed the leader for the two-time Kansas 4A champion Sabres, 23-3, Parker averaged 19.8 points, 6.8 assists, 3.9 steals and 3.7 rebounds. His game has few weaknesses, which explains why Wichita State, Nebraska and Northern Colorado have already made offers, even though Parker has another season of high school ball remaining.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/09...#ixzz1JFT5sB99

Sounds okay, but I am more interested in Tra'Vaughn White. He is also talked about in the link above.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Sounds okay, but I am more interested in Tra'Vaughn White. He is also talked about in the link above.
      http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtopic.php?t=19306 :posterwsu: 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

This kid has GAME. However, I don't believe he's 5'10" and he'd have a heck of a time guarding a lot of players.

That being said, he is sharp, fast, has a strong motor and seems to win a lot. I am just not sure he's big enough to be successful at the high D1 level.

He'll be good for someone though.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          This kid has GAME. However, I don't believe he's 5'10" and he'd have a heck of a time guarding a lot of players.

That being said, he is sharp, fast, has a strong motor and seems to win a lot. I am just not sure he's big enough to be successful at the high D1 level.

He'll be good for someone though.
          I think I know who you're talking about and there's NO WAY he's 5'10". He's got game but I'm afraid would get abused.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

There were 2 waterbugs worth watching, Benny and another kid I don't know. Benny had at least 4 inches on the other kid. No way that kid was over 5'5"...no idea how tall Benny is, but whatever the height, he'll have a hard time guarding D1 points. The shorter one has no chance....but man he was quick.

Comment

I forgot about the reported offer to Benny so was surprised when Rival's called him one of the Shocker's top recruiting priorities. I'm trying to get more info from a KC source.

In the fast lane

Comment

Benny's pic:

Comment

With Van Vleet in, I wonder what the level of Benny will be from the Shockers? Obliously he becomes less necessary.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Never received info on amount of current interest between Parker and WSU other than Benny probably has been to Wichita State on more than one occasion. My guess is after the Van Vleet commitment there isn't much to report.

Parker recently went head to head with Wichita Northwest's Craig Nicholson in St. Louis. Good match up between two pure point guards and Nicholson looked good.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

"Benny Parker, PG, KC 76ers- There wasn't a tougher person in the building than the product of Kansas City, Kan. He isn't the biggest guy, but he sure plays with a lot of heart and it was everything MoKan could do to contain him off the dribble during a intense grudge match between two Kansas City teams. He hit some tough pull-up jumpers and led his team even though they fell short in a triple overtime classic. He doesn't yet have a Division I offer but that should be changing very soon"

In the fast lane

Comment

I've heard that a few Valley schools (not WSU) are going after Parker. I reported his upcoming visit to Nebraska in Newbill's thread.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Parker had an in home today with Nebraska. They must want him but no reported offer. Indiana State has offered.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Parker verbals to Nebraska. Creighton was the other MVC school, besides Indiana State who was in the picture for Benny.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                            X