Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redbirds sign a forward from Topeka. any info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redbirds sign a forward from Topeka. any info?

Tyler Modupe

Any of my Kansas friends know anything about this guy? He seems very thin, but hopefully in a year or two will fill out and be decent. I have never heard of him and was wondering if you guys know anything. Thanks in advance.

PS-Nice win last night over MBC. Good job and way to hold serve at home.

We had a garbage loss to Eastern Michigan last night. Puke. I'm afraid it's gonna be another LONG year in Normal. We are 2 players short this year and thus far Sampay............BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!! Be glad you didn't get him.

Hope all is well with you guys.

:wsu_posters:

Shortcut didn't work for me. Sorry about Sampay............well........not really

Comment

Here's a better link:

He was on our recruiting radar as a sophomore, when it became public we were recruiting current MSU freshman Weems and Austin (both from Topeka). I remember thinking then (based on size, stats, area rankings, etc.) that he might be a solid guy for Turgeon to pick up.

I'm a little surprised he didn't garner more interest from Horizon to Valley-caliber schools. It will be fun seeing how he does in the MVC.

Comment

I posted before reading the article.

I had forgotten that Modupe was on the same team as Weems and Austin. They were awesome last year. I expect him to fill the stat sheet with Weems out of the picture.

Congrats on the commit!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          I posted before reading the article.

I had forgotten that Modupe was on the same team as Weems and Austin. They were awesome last year. I expect him to fill the stat sheet with Weems out of the picture.

Congrats on the commit!
          Thanks

so is this kid a good prospect you think? If you could, describe his game a bit. Shooter?, rebounder?, quick?

he certainly needs to hit the weights, but that's true of most HS prospects. Hopefully he will pair well with Jeremy Robinson.

Comment

I've not seen him play. I based my thoughts on other factors.

Try TopekaHoops.com. They have a message board that is reasonably active and I'm sure can offer you a pretty good analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              I've not seen him play. I based my thoughts on other factors.

Try TopekaHoops.com. They have a message board that is reasonably active and I'm sure can offer you a pretty good analysis.
              Cool. thanks for the site info. I'll check it out.

Comment

Just hope he can stay out of trouble. Unlike Austin.

Comment

Austin was cleared. It sounds like he was duped into believing the camera equipment belonged to the player who was pawning it. I believe Chris Cooks was cleared, as well.

Comment

I live in Topeka and go to quite a few high school games. His high school is Highland Park. One of the premier high school programs in the State. They have won several state championship and have finished as runner up multiple times. The MVC currently has three HP players. Two at MS (Weems and Austin) and one at Bradley (Theron Wilson). There was also a player (James Williams)from HP that played at St Bonaventure but has transferred to DII Washburn for his senior season. Modupe is a skilled forward that can shoot the mid range jumper and is a relentless rebounder. He was really impressive his sophmore year but was injured most of last year. I was hoping that the Shocks would look at him and was really surprised that he didn't end up at MS. I think he will be a good player at ISU. He will need to hit the weight room but should be able to run the floor and play good defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X