6a State Tourney Musings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6a State Tourney Musings

Not a bunch of scoop here but I will report it like I saw it.

-NW's junior trio that we have heard so much about had terrible games. They will have to improve alot to be able to get on our radar, IMHO.

-Name of the future:BV Northwest PG Clayton Custer, a 6-0 freshman. Guy could be a special player before it is all said and done.

-Tyler Kalinoski for Olathe East is a player. Plays PG but his natural position in college will be a 2G. Very similar to Will Spradling. Basketball IQ one of the best I've ever seen on a high schooler. Don't rule them out against Heights tomorrow night.

-Wessel is really fun to watch. Needs to work on his stroke but again basketball IQ is off the charts. Helps off the ball, boxes out, anticipates passing lanes opening up when he handles it. Also, a very good leaper with long arms. Would love to see what this guy would do on a team without so many options.

-Terrance Moore, junior PG, for Heights is very underrated. Lock down defender. Someone that could appear on our radar next year with a good summer.

-Perry is a man amongst boys. Just really how hard to judge how good he is because he makes everything look so easy. Probably to really tell one needs to watch him in a showcase AAU tournament against top flight competition. Junk defenses are the norm at the tournament and will be next year as well.

BTW, both Washburn Rural and Olathe East's student sections put ours to shame, in both quality and originality. Seriously.

Evan with a solid game in the Semis.

15 points on 7-14 shooting, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and no turnovers.

Played the entire 32 minutes.

Comment

Buy Kalinoski stock, it is rising after his performance against the Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        Evan with a solid game in the Semis.

15 points on 7-14 shooting, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and no turnovers.

Played the entire 32 minutes.
        I know that Marshall has repeatedly referred to Evan as a wing player, but with that line I would love for him to play some point.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Kalinoski stock dropped in the second half. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen
            Maybe so but he was the best player on the floor in the first half and the coaches that were there took serious notice.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax
              Maybe so but he was the best player on the floor in the first half and the coaches that were there took serious notice.
              WSU coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
                Originally posted by shoxlax
                WSU coaches?
                Maybe, but I don't think he is on our radar.

Comment

How do you think Wessell would do against that point guard
                  from Indiana State?

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
                    How do you think Wessell would do against that point guard
                    from Indiana State?
                    Hard to say. Evan plays some PG in high school because of his basketball IQ and ability to see the floor. I think he could be a great defender in college, where depending on the opponent, could guard the 1, 2 or 3 in the same game. His game is really unique; hard to compare him to anyone on our current team. You guys watch tonight on television and see what you think.

Comment

A couple of fouls on Evan in the 4th quarter were a little questionable.

One on a block and one on a steal. Those may not be called in college.

Comment

Looks like Evan could use some work on the free throw stroke.

Terrence Moore not a bad looking player.

Comment

Wessel is not going to come in an be a star. He obviously is willing to take a supporting role and be happly with it. That's a good thing. What I liked is he shows basketball IQ. Watch him away from the ball and he is anticipating whats going to happen, not just reacting.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Way to get it done, Evan!

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              Looks like Evan could use some work on the free throw stroke.

Terrence Moore not a bad looking player.

I love Terrence Moore. Reminds me of the SIU guards (Tatum, Brooks,) of yesteryear.

Comment

Working...
                              X