• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Juco tourney @ Hutch

Who all are we looking at?

Midland's Guy Landry.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Doesn't Midland have the #1 rated juco forward in the country. I haven't found where he signed with anyone yet. Maybe we should look at him too.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by moshock
        Doesn't Midland have the #1 rated juco forward in the country. I haven't found where he signed with anyone yet. Maybe we should look at him too.

:wsu_posters:
        That's Karron Johnson. He's been suspended. I don't know the details but I believe he's had problems everywhere he's been. I don't think Marshall would be interested. He was going to go to Oklahoma State next year, but the Cowpokes backed out.

If you want to look at the most highly rated available at Hutch, it would be Chatanooga's Phillip Jurick. He's had many offers for a long time. Don't expect the Shockers to get involved.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Johnson was suspended back in November.

As of Jan 20 he was in school but was not yet playing.

He has a troubled history that I believe began at Oklahoma St.

Comment

Another from Midland to keep an eye on is Dwight Miller who was at Pittsburg for two years. I don't have recruiting details on him other than he has many interested. He is from the Bahamas, as is Sunrise Christian's Buddy Heild. Maybe they should get together and talk about playing together for the Shockers.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Just keep an eye on all the Midland starters.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                Just keep an eye on all the Midland starters.
                They do have a number of quality players. Trop, has Dwayne Davis verbaled yet?

Stat wise, I think a number of Landry's teammates might be better choices. Landry is first in rebounding and second in scoring (but not much difference from #2 to #7). Last I looked, Landry was 8th among the 9 regular players in FG%, 3rd in % among the top five 3 pt shooters, 7th of 9 in FT % (60%).

Comment

I don't think so. Davis is their leading scorer but perhaps he's getting less attention. Idaho and somebody similar is all the interest Rivals shows. I'm sure there are others however.

I don't have a list of schools but the big man transfer from Pittsburgh, Dwight Miller is a wanted man.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Rivals has linked us with interest in Vernon Payne. We have a brief thread on him. He will be in Hutch with Cape Fear.

A couple of others you might want to watch for although there is no evidence of WSU interest are Richard Anderson of Tallahassee and D'mitre Riggs of Wabash. Seem likes Riggs has been around for years.

You got to remember Ryan Hare. He's with Southeastern.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

West Plains' Quinton Pippin is getting a few MVC looks.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

If anyone here is going to the tourney and wouldn't mind sharing a few comments about a couple of guys that the Jays are chasing, drop me a PM. Thanks in advance.

You guys are lucky to have this thing in your backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                          If anyone here is going to the tourney and wouldn't mind sharing a few comments about a couple of guys that the Jays are chasing, drop me a PM. Thanks in advance.

Who are they DoubleJay?
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum

Not sure yet, but I might be attending... how much is the info worth to you? :D

SFL is back!

Comment

In the next game between Wabash Valley and Waycross, watch for Wabash's Riggs and Chiles. Ian Chiles is a freshman academic qualifer. Their main man Chris Evans has committed to Kent State.

Leading scorers for Waycross are Reco Lewis and Joe Williams. I believe both are still available.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X