Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsu789
    Recent story on Nelson.

Hutch ended up losing in the next round. Nelson had 8 in the finale.
    I found the following quote interesting... probably should be posted in another thread. Whether you like him or not, I wouldn't consider Steve Eck to be a bad game coach.

"They kept their composure tonight and they showed some... what do you call it... moxie?" Hutchinson coach Steve Eck said. "As coaches we can get them ready to play but they're the ones that have to go out and do it in the end."
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Steve Eck use to post right with us here on SN, way back when.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
        Steve Eck use to post right with us here on SN, way back when.
        How do you know he still doesn't?

Comment

Y_I_K_E_S
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose he does. My friend in Hutch says this kid is OK, but needs some weight work.

Comment

Quote from the Hutch News:

"Nelson was driving to the basket, but missing short shots. He would take good shots within the flow of the offense, but miss many. He would grab offensive rebounds but not score or lose the ball."

No offense, but we already have those type of players.

The article goes on to talk about a quality game vs. Cloud. Making 8-12 shots, 17 points, including the game winner. He had 8 rebounds and a positive assist-TO ratio for the first time in 7 games. He was asked..."best performance in a while?" "Yes, in a long time," said Nelson.

We don't need players that "hasn't played well in 3 games," according to coach Eck. We already have inconsistent players. If we add to the recruit total it needs to be a game-changer. There are players like that out there. Let's find those players, unless we like playing in the NIT.

Comment

Working...
              X