Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garza advances in Q school

that is all

Garza has received his PGA tour card by making it through all the rounds of qualifying school. Quite a feat for someone straight out of college. Most spend a few years on the Nationwide tour cutting their teeth. Also saw that Dustin is second all time for NCAA career wins at 13. Which is more than Tiger Woods.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I thought he just got his nation-wide card?

Did i miss something?

Comment

I guess I'm confused. Looks like Dustin missed the PGA card cut by 4 strokes. However, it looks like he'll be fully exempt on the Nationwide Tour in 2011

Still an unbelievable accomplishment for DG, hopefully he can string together some good tournaments on the Nationwide Tour and move up to the PGA next year.

Congrats Dustin! Go Shox!

Comment

Is there a point or prize money scale/list on the Nationwide that will auto-exempt a player for the PGA tour the next season?

ie You finish top 10 in the money for the Nationwide season, you get your card?

Comment

Top 25 money winners in the nationwide tour get their pga card. Also there is a battlefield promotion--if a player wins three tournaments on the nationwide tour he gets his PGA Tour card.

Comment

I'm basing my statement on the following...

• Nine players qualified by making it through all three stages—Todd Bailey, Jimmy Brandt, Dustin Garza, Seath Lauer, Richard Lee, David Lingmerth, Eric Onesi, Blake Parks and Brett Waldman.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker
                I'm basing my statement on the following...

• Nine players qualified by making it through all three stages—Todd Bailey, Jimmy Brandt, Dustin Garza, Seath Lauer, Richard Lee, David Lingmerth, Eric Onesi, Blake Parks and Brett Waldman.
                That just means he went through all 3 stages, only 25 plus ties in the 3rd stage get their PGA tour card. Looks like Dustin finished 50th. It is very difficult to qualify to all three stages as evidenced by the statement above of only 9 doing that this year. Based on standings and rankings you can get "byes" to start at different stages.

All in All, Dustin did very well for himself. Hopefully he continues to play well and make it to the PGA.

Comment

That makes more sense, thanks AG. I guess there are multiple definitions to "qualified".

Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dustin in the PGA next year. As I understand it, if you win enough tournaments you can be bumped up mid-season.

Comment

Last year Shocker Julien Trudeau was the last golfer to miss the cut. Talk about a haunting memory, not getting your card by one shot. The narrow loss seemed to adversely affect his play last year. Golf Channel has wonderful coverage of the Q-school. I hope both of these young men are able to pull of the PGA tour dream.

Dustin's scores: http://www.pgatour.com/players/03/42...2010/r088.html

Julien's Nationwide Tour Page:

Go Shockers!!!!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

That makes more sense, thanks AG. I guess there are multiple definitions to "qualified".

Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dustin in the PGA next year. As I understand it, if you win enough tournaments you can be bumped up mid-season.
                      It's not about mid-season. If you win 3 tournaments, it's called a Battlefield Promotion, you immediately move to the PGA TOUR. Not very commonly done however, only about a handfull of times.

Comment

Garza has received his PGA tour card by making it through all the rounds of qualifying school. Quite a feat for someone straight out of college. Most spend a few years on the Nationwide tour cutting their teeth. Also saw that Dustin is second all time for NCAA career wins at 13. Which is more than Tiger Woods.
                        Remember, Tiger only played two seasons at Stanford...Dusting played 4. Not trying to beef up tiger, he doesn't need it...just sayin. Also, I think Tiger is the lowest human on the food chain...also just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                        X