Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article on why Football is not always a good option

KEISSER: Big West not affected by NCAA drama

Good read. There is always the dark side of football. The huge cost. You have to wonder how long some of these schools can hold on out west.

Comment

Quick, name five schools in the Big West...Now name five schools in CUSA?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman
        I can't do either.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Not really a true comparison. We are much closer geographically to CUSA than to the Big West, so more familiarity with CUSA would be unsurprising. Plus, CUSA has 3 more teams than the Big West, so 5 teams represents being familiar less than half of CUSA and more than half of the Big West.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
            I can't do either.
            Really? I don't want to question your "fanhood" but schools like Rice, SMU, Houston, Tulsa, and Tulane don't ring a bell?

To be fair, football isn't the golden goose and there are huge problems that come with having that sport on campus. However, at the end of the day, the benefits far outway the negatives. If they didn't, why would schools like Friends have football on campus?

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
              I can't do either.
              Really? I don't want to question your "fanhood" but schools like Rice, SMU, Houston, Tulsa, and Tulane don't ring a bell?

To be fair, football isn't the golden goose and there are huge problems that come with having that sport on campus. However, at the end of the day, the benefits far outway the negatives. If they didn't, why would schools like Friends have football on campus?
              I knew Houston and Tulsa were in CUSA. Had no idea what conference Rice, SMU and Tulane were in.

As for saying that if schools have it it must be a smart thing to do, the logic is flawed. Try this, for example: "Lew Perkins must be great for college athletic programs, if he wasn't why would a school like KU hire him?"
              The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Why doesn't WSU just combine their flag football team into one monster team and then play other colleges.

If that work well maybe they can find a certain pee-wee level of football to move to.

Comment

Working...
                X