Track/Field - Devin Dick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track/Field - Devin Dick

I attend church with Devin and his family. He is a sophomore this year and gave me permission to share his situation.

On the last day of finals last spring Devin was diagnosed with testicular cancer, having surgery the same day to remove the tumor. A week later they discovered that it spread to lymph nodes in his abdomen and lungs. He wasn't able to train for the USA jr. nationals he'd qualified for in the decathlon.

He underwent a program of chemo that ended just before fall classes. A recent test showed that some of his lymph nodes had shrunk to normal but was ultimately inconclusive. He will undergo a pet scan in two weeks. If it doesn't show the cancer in recession the next step will be lung surgery to remove any tumors.

Devin would greatly appreciate your thoughts and prayers as he continues to battle this.

Absolutely. :(

Comment

That's just not fair....May God bless Devin and his family and help them through faith with this incredibly difficult time.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. What a terrible situation to have to deal with.

Comment

UPDATE: The PET scan results were not what they were hoping for. Devin will be going to Indiana in the coming weeks to prep for lung surgery with Lance Armstrong's doctor.

Comment

When Devin went to Indiana the doc suggested only removing a lymph node from his lung. The doctors now believe he is cancer free!

My understanding is that he withdrew from classes last month before going to Indiana. I do not know what his future plans are.

Comment

Quite literally, Thank God. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                When Devin went to Indiana the doc suggested only removing a lymph node from his lung. The doctors now believe he is cancer free!

My understanding is that he withdrew from classes last month before going to Indiana. I do not know what his future plans are.
                That's positive news. Tell him to hang in there and fight and that a lot of people are pulling for him.

Comment

I heard yesterday that Devin has been cleared to fully participate in track next semester. He is not in school this semester after dealing with everything but is expected to make a full recovery and hopefully gain his strength back and compete for the Shockers this year! Wonderful news!!!

Comment

That's GREAT news goshox74. Keep him fighting!

Comment

Working...
                    X