Continued Discussions of breaking up the Big XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continued Discussions of breaking up the Big XII

Far-Fetched, but the reality is that we know sooner or later the conference memberships will be changing. As the state's largest city, it is IMPERATIVE that WSU at least begin a comprehensive/detailed discussion about bringing back football. The ship will only be at port for a short time. Don't let the opportunity sail away without us.
    AD Sexton and President Beggs: Saddle up and start working.

I am not happy about WSU becoming more and more like a commuter and night school.
    I am not happy about WSU's lack of on-campus housing.
    I am not happy about WSU's continued burden of carrying the MoVal's prestige on its back.
    I am not happy about more and more students bypassing WSU and attending BuCo Juco.
    I am not happy about a rather stagnant enrollment growth at WSU.
    I am not happy about WSU's exclusion in Princeton's College Review

It's time for new leadership at Wichita State that includes more people like Gene who have a vision, work ethic, and talent to make WSU all it can be.
    Wichita State = Thinkers, Doers, Movers & Shockers!

Tell us something you are happy about. For example, you just bought season tickets for WSU volleyball and you're going to show your support for WSU fall sports by attending every volleyball match. Right? :D
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Re: Continued Discussions of breaking up the Big XII

Originally posted by Veritas
      Far-Fetched, but the reality is that we know sooner or later the conference memberships will be changing. As the state's largest city, it is IMPERATIVE that WSU at least begin a comprehensive/detailed discussion about bringing back football. The ship will only be at port for a short time. Don't let the opportunity sail away without us.
      AD Sexton and President Beggs: Saddle up and start working.

I am not happy about WSU becoming more and more like a commuter and night school.
      I am not happy about WSU's lack of on-campus housing.
      I am not happy about WSU's continued burden of carrying the MoVal's prestige on its back.
      I am not happy about more and more students bypassing WSU and attending BuCo Juco.
      I am not happy about a rather stagnant enrollment growth at WSU.
      I am not happy about WSU's exclusion in Princeton's College Review

It's time for new leadership at Wichita State that includes more people like Gene who have a vision, work ethic, and talent to make WSU all it can be.
      Wichita State = Thinkers, Doers, Movers & Shockers!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...van&id=4380677
      I think your doing a better job selling NOT bringing back football with this post.

Comment

Yea, it probably does read a bit negative (though factual).

I am happy about a national powerhouse baseball program.
        I am happy about a basketball program that is once again on the verge of consistent national prominence.
        I am happy about the ability of the WSU to retain one of the best Volleyball coaches in the country and build a national power.
        I am happy about WSU winning multiple "All Sports Championships" in the MoVal.

I think overall, I'm concerned about a MSU or IlSU leaving the Valley for a better conference and we're left standing there asking "what just happened -what about us".

I've been a Shocker fan all my life. Nothing will change that. However, I do want more for the school and think WSU is under-utilized.
        Wichita State has a great deal more to offer...

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          Tell us something you are happy about. For example, you just bought season tickets for WSU volleyball and you're going to show your support for WSU fall sports by attending every volleyball match. Right? :D
          I do actually. I have 2 season tickets. Unfortunately, I don't live in Wichita so I try to give them away to relatives, etc... But I always like attending a game when I'm in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas
            Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            I do actually. I have 2 season tickets. Unfortunately, I don't live in Wichita so I try to give them away to relatives, etc... But I always like attending a game when I'm in town.
            :good:
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
            X