Newman eyeing spot in MIAA huddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newman eyeing spot in MIAA huddle

This article appeared in the Wichita Eagle over the last weekend. What do you all think? I know that I probably have a different opinion, being that my alma mater is Emporia State, but I'd like to know what others think about Newman's chances at entering the MIAA.

Newman eyeing spot in MIAA huddle

My opinion is similar to what most MIAA programs currently have: football is necessary to be considered. I would stand against expansion to programs that do not have football.

Here is Adame's thoughts after he wrote the article...

Sunflower Slate

Comment

It appears to me they are trying to ride in under the wave of Rockhurst, which is a pretty smart move. In essence their fate lies in the upcoming Rockhurst vote. Newman will know real soon whether they have any chance at all.

Comment

It sucks for Newman but without Football, there is no way they should be let into that conference. The MIAA is home to some pretty heavy hitters in the DII world and to take Rockhurst or Newman is a move in the wron direction. I would like to see them add Kearney as it would give UNO a travel partner and the league another school in Nebraska. Pitt State was a football beast in the 90's and their games were a lot of fun. Here is there stadium.

Comment

Agreed Shockerman! I'm not sure what Newman and Rockhurst are doing IN the NCAA, much less the MIAA. They are a NAIA school at best. That is not a put down at all. Newman has made great strides lately and I've been real impressed, but they are just wasting money. Compete at a level that is best suited for you and your athletes. We see this in college sports all the time when little schools want to compete with the big boys at all costs. Evansville comes to mind!

Comment

Working...
          X