MVC Tennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Tennis

I kept getting confused where this discussion was so I started a new thread....sue me.

The men, seeded 3rd, rolled in the first round.

The face Illinois State today in the semis with the winners facing Drake for the title.

The Shocks dropped a 4-3 heartbreaker to the Redbirds earlier in the year. This should be close.

And it has started out this way...ISU picks up the doubles point after splitting the 2 and 3 match, the Redbirds win the 1 in a tiebreaker 9-8 (3).

Tough, tough way to start the match and now the Shocks have to win 4 of the 6 singles matches to advance to the finals.

Lost the #1 singles in 3. Picked up the #4 in straight sets.

Trailing 2-1 we have to win 3 of 4 remaining to advance. It should go final very soon.

Comment

This appears to be an epic battle....Shocks have tied it at 2 with a McCormick win at 6 (I think).

Anyway....winner of 2 of the last 3 advances to the final.

Comment

McCormick lost at the 6 but the Shocks have battled back to tie the match at 3.

One match left.....Rubiano (CU) v Teivans (WSU).....Rubiano killed him in the match during the regular season....this one appears a little closer.

Winner gets Drake....and will be exhausted.

Comment

SIU advances 4-3.

Admirable effort but losing the doubles point in a tiebreak in the #1 match was the back breaker.

Comment

Working...
          X