Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Relays

I'll try to get some highlights...

Coach Hetzendorf threw 234'+ in the javelin....but lost by 25'. Trent and Adam did not throw so well as both were under 200'.

Monica Adcock threw a season best 134' in the women's javelin.

Brittany and La'Taish were both solid in the long jump taking 2nd and 4th.

Josh Crawford and Ian Lindstrom were both over 48' in the triple jump to finish 2nd and 3rd.

Kimber Lemon had a decent time in the 5k at 17:37.

Rachel York took 30 seconds off her time in the 3000 Steeple running 10:50 and change.

Marius Sava dropped 20+ seconds off his time in the 3000 Steeple running 9:18 and change.

Olivia Martinez and Hali Mobley both had decent times around 4:36+ in the 1500.

Surprise, surprise...Kellyn Johnson breaks another school record taking 2 seconds off Desiraye Osburn's 1500 by running a 4:17 and finishing 2nd in a super field behind Jenny Barringer, Colorado's champion and one of the elite in the country, if not the best in the country.

Irene Kosgei became only the 2nd woman to break 17 minutes in the 5k in the Valley this year....finishing 10th in 16:59:95.

Satuday should bring a lot more good results.

CONGRATS KELLYN!

The distance crew really showed out at Oregon tonight. Hopefully the sprinters and jumpers will do the same tomorrow.

The javelin thrower who beat Coach Dorf and the girl who beat Kellyn both are LEADING THE WORLD in their respective events. 4:17 for Kellyn is really great, the Barringer girl was an Olympic finalist last year, so year she's pretty good you could say. :)

Comment

I knew Jenny was good....I didn't know she was that good world wide. Her time of 4:08 shaved about 3 seconds off the best time in the world so far this year.

Comment

In a result I have a feeling we're going to see many times in the next 4 years, Audacia Moore and Brittany Hemphill finished 1 - 3 in the 100.

Todd McKown ran a very nice race to finish 3rd in the 400 hurdles.

Freshmen Emily Ballock and Samantha Hallman both ran well and finished 4 and 6 in the 400 hurdles. Both young ladies could fair well in the Valley.

Jared Foley finished 3rd in the 200....that is going to be a very tight race come Valley championship time and Jared should be right in the mix.

Quan Tong threw the Shot a shade over 51' for a season best effort.

As the meet continues, I am hoping to see Kellyn Johnson in the 800 shortly.

Comment

Beau Morris over 16'7" for the 2nd best vault in conference this year.

Ladies 4X100 takes second with the best time in conference this year. I predict the 24 year old school record falls this year.

Comment

No Kellyn in the 800...... :cry:

Lauren Eck with a super time of 2:12 though. This should be a very good event for us at the Valley.

Jenny Barringer from Colorado was in (and won) this race in a time very similar to Kellyn's recent SR. Would have loved to see these 2 hook up in a match race.

Comment

Erica Kovesi won the triple jump with an unspectacular distance.

Other jumpers faired ok, nobody I could find had any season bests.

Relay teams were solid, if their times weren't outstanding.

Comment

Another good review of the action, thanks!

The weather was only in the 50's and rainy so not the best conditions for the sprinters to run real fast.

Comment

You can watch all of the running event races on the website www.runnerspace.com. Click on the Oregon Relays link.

Comment

Working...
                  X