Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Men Win Intercollegiate Bowling Championship

Shocker Bowlers Claim "Double" Title

Both WSU teams captured first place finishes at the Intercollegiate Bowling Championships, giving the Shockers a grander total of 18.

The men - who had to fight through the losers bracket to reach Saturday semifinal round - found themselves trailing Saginaw Valley State in the title round. But WSU rallied to win the final two games of the best-of-three, claiming the deciding game 180-156. It's their second straight title.

In the semifinals, the Shockers beat Webber International twice in a pair of best-of-seven matches, winning 4-1 and 4-2.

:clap:
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Someone clue me in, which championship is considered the higher profile one, the NCAA D1 Bowling one or this one the men just won?

Comment

Considering that there are no mens NCAA bowling teams and only 29 womens NCAA D1 teams ...

I would venture a guess that the 64 team USBC mens national tournament and the 64 team womens USBC national tournament are just a tad higher profile events ... but that's just me. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
          Someone clue me in, which championship is considered the higher profile one, the NCAA D1 Bowling one or this one the men just won?
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Once again congrats to our bowlers.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Vadakin, etc.

Thanks to Gordon Vadakin, the Jensen's, Dwane Martin, Pat Henry, and many others over the years, Wichita has long been the epicenter of the bowling world. Back in the '50s, it may have been St. Louis, but when the classic battles between the likes of Dwane Martin and Mark Jensen began in the late '60s, bowling in Wichita really started growing. Then Gordon took over the WSU team and it really broke loose.

Dwane Martin is in his mid 60's and now only bowls an occasional tournament, maybe a couple times a year. Yet, he recently averaged over 250 for the combined singles, doubles and team events (9 games) in a tournament.

Gordon has bowled with and against Dwane a great deal over the decades.

Comment

Hey peoples, I'm not a bowling expert. Laugh all you want, that is why I asked the question to learn. Gimme a break.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                      Hey peoples, I'm not a bowling expert. Laugh all you want, that is why I asked the question to learn. Gimme a break.
                      OKKC! :D

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                      X