KU Relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU Relays

I'm kinda cherry picking a few results for Shockers that performed well this weekend.

My first find is So. javelin thrower Brett Trudo had a mark 4 feet beyond his season best.

He had the 5th best throw in the country coming into the meet....I don't know where he ranks now but at 233'3" (that's feet and inches just for you Hovpen :) ) he has to be in rarified air.

Freshman sprinter Audacia Moore made the finals in the 100...and finished 4th in a competitive field. Brittany Hemphill just missed the finals.

Both young ladies made the 200 final and finished 3rd and 5th in a tough field.

Senior Jared Foley and Junior Justin Cole made the finals of the 400 and finished tied in a blanket finish for 5th in solid times.

So. Hali Mobley and Lauren Eck finished 2nd and 3rd in the 800.

Olivia Martinez, Rachel York and Jenna Woods all ran in the top 6 in the 5k.

Senior Kimber Lemon took 59 seconds off the best time in the Valley this year placing 3rd in the 10k.

Scott Reed had a nice time in the 10k finishing 2nd in 31:02.

Freshman Todd McKown snuck into the finals of the 400 hurdles and finished 5th in a solid time of 54.41.

Freshmen Marius Sava, Trace Kendrick and So. Tad Eisenhauer all had good times in the 3000 steeplechase. Some points could come from this group at the Valley.

Senior Irene Kosgei had a solid time in the womens 3000 steeple as well.

Womens 4X100 relay team made the finals but did run a particularly good time either in the prelims or the finals finishing 7th. With 2 Fr, 1 So and 1 Jr, there is plenty of room and time for improvement.

The men's team just missed the finals.

Both the men's and women's 4X400 teams are in the finals.

Beau Morris cleared 16'6" in the pole vault.

Our lady pole vaulters improved on several season bests setting up what should be a big point event come Valley time.

Ian Lindstrom had a big triple jump of 49'5", best in the conference this season.

Women's 4X400 final is in. WSU takes 5th in a decent time but 8 seconds behind winner MSU. Bad weekend for WSU v MSU showdowns.

Comment

Men's 4X4 finished third.

That is all.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Good job wit the recap! Also Coach Burns took a few distance runners to Arkansas last night and wouldn't you know it ... Kellyn Johnson breaks the 800m school record in 2:06.12!!! Wow! Jake Stecklein, a Maize HS grad ran 1:52 as well in the 800m.

Shockers off to Oregon to run at historic Heyward Field, site of last year's Olympic Trials, next week. I imagine this will be Kellyn's best competition of the outdoor season before the NCAA Championships.

Shockers looked solid at KU, but I think they are looking more towards Oregon for big performances. Its a tough stretch of the season as they have competed hard in the past month.

Comment

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Senior Kellyn Johnson took down another school record on the track over the weekend, this time in the 800 meters at the John McDonnell Invitational at the University of Arkansas.

I didn't see that on the schedule so waking up and seeing Kellyn with yet ANOTHER school record was more than enjoyable.

Just a couple of years ago, I thought Desiraye Osburn was going to be the best runner I'd ever see at WSU. Kellyn, if not already more accomplished, is certainly giving her a run for her money.

What an athlete!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Both Desiraye and Kellyn are great. I'm not smart enough to know for sure but perhaps Kellyn has been a little more versatile than Desiraye, but I'm not sure I can back that up with hard facts. I just have been very impressed with Kellyn's versatility.

The question I have is what is Kellyn targeting as her event of choice for regional competition? What has she qualified for at this point.

Comment

I think Kellyn loves the 1500 (mile indoor). She has talked that she has interest in the steeplechase, which would make sense because she is pretty athletic and the 3k distance would be good for her. Probably if she wants to make a good living after college the steeple or 5k would be her best bet.

Comparing Kellyn to Desiraye ... I think Kellyn is having a better year than any of Desiraye's but Desiraye's overall career has more accomplishments. Kellyn was a JUCO transfer so she hasn't had as much time here.

And once again, did anyone notice that there was ZERO coverage of the Shockers at the KU Relays in the Wichita Eagle. There was plenty about KU track team and the Wichita high schools but none about WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74
                And once again, did anyone notice that there was ZERO coverage of the Shockers at the KU Relays in the Wichita Eagle. There was plenty about KU track team and the Wichita high schools but none about WSU.
                Indeed....very frustrating given the state of some of the other programs. One would think they could at least check the internet....heck they could just do what 74 or I did.

Comment

I will admit that 4 minute mile article was interesting. Ryun`s record stood for 36 years.

It`s made me curious about records set at Cessna stadium.

Comment

Working...
                  X