KT Woodman Track Meet - Friday/Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KT Woodman Track Meet - Friday/Saturday

Hey everyone, come out to see the Shockers in the KT Woodman. It starts Friday night and runs through Saturday. Come out Friday night to see the great WSU Javelin Throwers! Admission is free, should be a lot of fun!

If you missed the Javelin on Friday, you missed some of the best in the nation.

So. Bret Trudo threw 69.43(RQ) to win. That's 25 feet over the standard folks. Second place Trent Mazanec (also a So.) threw 65.55(RQ). Trent has the 5th longest in the country earlier this year at 69.95. So Adam Kapps threw 60.61. This certainly could be a 1-2-3 sweep for the Shocks.

We didn't run anyone in the 3KSteeple and it doesn't look like we have anyone to compete.

So. Tad Eisenhauer was the best finisher in the 1500 and looks to be the only Shocker with a chance to score at conference.

Freshman Marius Sava broke 15 minutes in the 5K. He and Senior Scott Reed have a chance to score at conference.

Comment

Nobody competed in the Hammer.

Comment

I haven't had the chance to add to this....hopefully '74 will shortly.

Comment

WuDrWu,

It looks like you got busy so I’ll try to continue where you left off …

You were right about the javelin. What a fun night to watch those guys throw so far under the lights of Cessna Stadium. That was very cool. There will be a couple guys run the steeple at KU this weekend so we’ll see what we have in that event this week. I think Marius Sava might be pretty good in that event.

Ian Lindstrom is having a very good senior year, jumping 23-7 and over 48ft from a short approach. Impressive.

Beside the dominant javelin guys, Quan Tong is the main threat in the throwing events. He has improved his discus a ton, if he can improve his shot he could be a big scorer in the Valley.

Patric Jackson had a real nice high jump and jumped right about 6-10. Hopefully his teammate Eddie McClain can continue to improve with him.

The sprinters and hurdlers had solid results but not too much spectacular. The 4x4 ran very well in 3:12 and the 4x1 improved nicely to 41.4.

On a side note I was extremely disappointed with the coverage of the college meet in the Wichita Eagle. There were 2 sentences written and nothing about Kellyn Johnson (one of the NCAA’s top runners) and Audacia Moore (a local product who is doing very well in her freshman year). This is the Shockers’ only home meet of the year, why wouldn’t there be at least some coverage of the meet? Was the baseball game against Evansville the only thing that was worthy of mention on campus this weekend? Very disappointing.

Comment

Working...
          X